PDA

View Full Version : BA mcc training

Angostura
29th Aug 2001, 23:49
Anyone able to tell me who BA use for the cadet Mcc training. Also is it a standard course or do they tailor it specifically for the airline. Thanks

Pandora
30th Aug 2001, 12:59
ATP academy in Southampton is one of the MCC schools BA use. It is a 3 and a half week course consisting of 10 days groundschool and 10 x 4hr sim sessions (used to be the Caravelle from hell, but now I understand they have a nice shiny new 737). It is tailored to include items such as the BA flight plan (SWORD) and briefing system (NUBRIEF), and the groundschool instructors and most of the sim instructors are ex BA.
The other place it could be is Jerez. I didn't go there so can't tell you what it is like. When I was at ATP, some of my colleagues went to Prestwick, and the word was the course and sim were slightly different. BA had more input on the course at ATP, and relied on Prestwick to provide an MCC course to the appropriate standard.

cyclops
30th Aug 2001, 16:02
See also WMU. :)

presbycusis
30th Aug 2001, 16:08
BA split the cadets between ATP, Jerez and WMU and the course is a JOC integrated with MCC. I believe Oxford are soon to get, if they haven't already, a Frasca 737 sim on line so maybe they will go there too but I have no claim to accuracy on this last point.

Angostura
31st Aug 2001, 01:10
Thanks for the info.

A