PDA

View Full Version : Britannia Assesment Day

Mr B. Tupp
29th Aug 2001, 20:40
Just had the phone call inviting me to an assesment day next week. Fist interview with a "real" airline and I was wondering if anyone else had been and could give me an insight as to what to expect?
All comments welcome. :confused:

Max Steel
29th Aug 2001, 23:39
REAL AIRLINE. I take it that scotairways is not a real airline then MR B. TUBB. Gave you your first job though, and fresh out of nappies too!!!! :rolleyes: :p

VSQUARED
30th Aug 2001, 11:38
Good info if you search for it in wannabes. I found it accurate. Then again, I am still waiting for a reply ??

thepprunner
30th Aug 2001, 16:39
SHUT IT "STEEL", the guys on;y asking a question!

fusible plug
30th Aug 2001, 17:53
Info regarding the Britannia assessment day:

Get there for about 0900ish and have coffee and biscuits etc. They take you off to do a numerical reasoning test which lasts 40 mins and is a bit obscure in places. I managed to finish it but others in the group only managed about 3/4! Be up to speed on your algebra and division and you should be fine. There is one question I remember that is something like: What is 15% of 50% of 300? Might be different numbers though!

There is then a short break for a verbal reasoning test which is identical to the test that BA used to used. It involves critical reasoning, assumptions, deductions and conclusions from various passages. Not too bad. Again 40 mins.

There is another break and the group of about 15 is split into two and some sit around and chat for an hour whilst the other go and do two groupo exercises. The roles are reversed an hour later. The group exercises are based on bad communication in a large company and also low morale on an oil rig. You have to find ways of improving both. Looking for someone who is not too passive but also not overbearing.

After lunch all do a 200 odd question Personality Questionnaire which has obscure questions like: What is the odd one out?

a) Candle
b) Moon
C) Electric Lightbulb

Good luck with the tests. Hope this has been useful.

Wee Weasley Welshman
30th Aug 2001, 18:14
The answer is Candle.

WWW BSc(Hons) Psychology.

Monkey See Monkey Do
30th Aug 2001, 22:30
Are you serious, Or just kidding?
I would think it was Moon.. Moon reflects, while candle and lightbulb fluoresce or shine with their own light.
So which one is it?

Ez (BSc Physics Hons)

fusible plug
30th Aug 2001, 22:59
I went for Moon anyhow! For the reason above!

Bsc Engineering

Manflex55
30th Aug 2001, 23:35
I'd go for moon as well, as the 2 others were created by human beings (candle in 3000BC in Egypt, bulb in 1879 by Thomas Edison).

MF, BSc (Hons) Logic

BHP
31st Aug 2001, 00:30
Easy,

Its C as it has 2 words!

1 GCSE (grade D)

scroggs
31st Aug 2001, 01:07
It's D) none of the above.
Sneaky sods, these psycobabblers!