PDA

View Full Version : LAX VFR corridors

Hufty
17th Mar 2003, 13:46
I'm off to the US this summer and would like to fly the legendary VFR routes through and round the LAX controlled airspace, assuming they are still in use. I imagine these are printed on the relevant terminal charts, but I would like to gather some information about these before I go. I gather there is one that allows you to fly over the top of LAX itself! :D

Is anybody aware of any web based resources I could use for (unofficial) flight planning purposes??

Many thanks...

zerozero
17th Mar 2003, 19:01
You can purchase a VFR chart of LA from Sporty's on-line. They're a pilot supply store in the US. Try a search for the address. Have a nice trip.

TR4A
17th Mar 2003, 19:45
http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsitems/2002/020917lax.html

G-AMMY
21st Mar 2003, 16:31
The LAX VFR corridor is great. I flew overhead LAX when I was there last summer. You can fly through the overhead of the airport by setting a transponder code (maybe 1201, can't honestly remember though) flying a set altitude (a set altitude depending on your direction of flight, NW or SE) and just position reporting on the LAX Special Flight Rules Area Unicom frequency. It is a strange feeling to be flying over one of the busiest airports in the world without having to speak to ATC to do so. There is also a shoreline and hollywood route through the LAX class B airspace but you obviously you must be cleared to fly through it.

:)