PDA

View Full Version : Should I log off PPRuNe?

TimS
16th Mar 2003, 17:09
Would it be sensible of me to log off when I have finished prunning? I could end up confessing to all sorts of things if my brother found this still logged on in my name!!!!!!!!!!

TeeS
16th Mar 2003, 17:19
Yep, could be very embarrassing (tee-hee!)

Onan the Clumsy
17th Mar 2003, 20:32
Amusing, but...If TimS and TeeS were indeed brothers, shouldn't the second post have come in under the same name as the first for this joke to work? :=

TimS
7th Aug 2003, 05:46
Only just spotted this - pack that in TeeS !!!!!

Lost_luggage34
7th Aug 2003, 07:38
Yes - previous potential victim was someone who had to get his PPRUNE fix from an Internet cafe abroad whilst on holiday, only to find the PC had the cookie from another PPRUNEr's ID !!

Danny
7th Aug 2003, 20:22
If anyone, other than you are likely to use the computer you are visiting PPRuNe from then you should most definitely log off. If you are the sole user of your computer then there is no need.

Worst case scenario is someone who logs on from a public access computer at an aviation related workplace and then forgets to log off. Odds are that there will be other PPRuNers at that location who are likely to use that same computer to access PPRuNe and voila! You have the recipe for someone to either out you or worse, post all sorts of things in your name which can lead to all sorts of difficulties.

You have been warned.:suspect:

Evo
7th Aug 2003, 21:29
Happened a few times on the "flight planning only" computer when I was learning to fly. Hello, Mylo :ok: