View Full Version : Flying Schools in the USA

MaxThrust100
15th May 2001, 23:18
I'm looking to go to the States to train for my PPL.
I am at the moment considering Ormond Beach Aviation & Naples Air Center, Inc.
I would like to hear from pilots with both recommendations and horror stories.

go
16th May 2001, 02:59
I have tried three schools in the usa...Ifta at melbourne ,pan am at vero...now at ft pierce. and now iv just done my flight instructor course with EFT at ft pierce...I think of all these schools Id recomend Eft the most..they have just set up in january so they are out to impress..I had a great time and I think if yr in a hurry they will do a ppl in four weeks.....pls email me at [email protected] Ill give you the total low down...goodluck anyway..

ickle black box
16th May 2001, 13:49
I did my PPL at Ormond Beach, then went back there to do hours building. Email me if you want more info.

ickle

Freeflyer
16th May 2001, 17:20
I did my PPL at Britannia flight school, and have nothing but praise for it. Nice people, reasonable aircraft and great instructors (2 years ago).

Staying in the school houses is cheap and puts you in a group of people all learning together, so useful for studying/revising.

I shared a house with 3 people who had been to ormond for their ppl but had a bad time so had gone to Britflight to do their IMC/night and hours building.

There used to be a lot of bad things said about ormond ( i haven't been there so can't comment personally) Do a search on this board for ormond and you'll probably find lots of different views.

Either way, have fun, you're in for a real treat.

J.

------------------
"Every time I learn some new stuff, it pushes some of the old stuff out!" - Homer Simpson Esq.

herniair
17th May 2001, 01:50
Yawning....

It is (just) possible that some of these people might be genuine customers but I wouldn't count on it.