PDA

View Full Version : Copy and paste help

tony draper
15th Mar 2003, 17:52
Been meaning to ask this for a while, surfing another site I came acrossa picky someone had posted,now had they just posted the link I could copy this if I wanted to save it or post it on another website,but if I right click on this picky, and go to properties it gives me the URL for his picky ,but I cannot copy or save the URL,if I highlight the addy by holding down the left mouse button and running the cursor over it as normal for copying and pasting, I do not have the edit menu highlighted at the top of the page.
I always make a right arse of writing down URLs especialy as this one is very long.
How can one copy a url in these circumstances?.
Hope I have made this understandable
PS I am running win98.

:(

PaperTiger
15th Mar 2003, 18:47
Control/C

This line has been added to stop the software whining about short replies.

tony draper
15th Mar 2003, 21:10
Ok thanks, but where would the url be saved?
do I do the same thing, highlight what I was to copy with the mouse, then press control C ?

Ah right !!1 got it, thanks a lot PT. :ok:

holbrob
19th Mar 2003, 22:53
Tony,

If you do a right mouse click on the pic you want, you should be able to select 'Save Picture As...' this will allow you to save the pic on your hard drive wherever you want it.;)

Bern Oulli
23rd Mar 2003, 17:06
And Tone, all the pictures you've looked at, whether you saved them or not are in your WINDOWS/TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES folder. Copy and paste out of there to another folder and job done. Doesn't get you the URL though.

MightyGem
24th Mar 2003, 04:26
Tony, having bought up the properties of the picture, if you highlight the URL and then place the cursor over the highlighted text and click with the RIGHT mouse button, you will be presented with a Copy option.

You can then use the Edit menu to paste as required.