PDA

View Full Version : The mentor scheme -an update please.

hasell
29th Aug 2001, 11:57
Hi Scroggs/WWW/IFR,
I just wanted to know the latest situation regarding the mentoring scheme.

Thanks. :)

InFinRetirement
29th Aug 2001, 16:15
hasell

The mentoring scheme is very much in mind, I am waiting for another 4 or 5 talented people to add to the already impressive list I have before moving.

However, that is half the story. The other half is the fund. This is currently at around the £4450 mark, but I need a lot more before we can set the WHOLE scheme off. This is because a mentor may select a very good wannabe for advancement and with the little cash we have it is not going to go very far.

I have to say that I am somewhat disappointed that 'ordinary' PPRuNers have not responded to "a fiver for the wannabes".
Well TWO have, and they steadfastly donate £10 every month to the fund. I do as much fund raising as I can by selling the great signed TSR2 prints, but they are not selling as well as I'd hoped. Danny contributes a £1 to the fund for every badge sold, and we get the ocassional donation for which I really am most grateful. But it's not enough.

I have offers of some great memorabilia and that will come up for sale at the bash. I also hope we can have a stand at the October Duxford show - right in front of TSR2, where we ought to sell some prints. Nothing is fixed yet though.

I have some other stuff and there is a forthcoming event at which we might be able to sell some more.

What I would like above all, is for those who trod the rocky road to their flight deck, and who are ardent PPRuNers, is to make a monthly donation of say a fiver, or even a one off! The fund is not too proud to ignore a fiver!

What I would like them ask themselves is "do I want to put something back into aviation?"
In all honesty the answer should be yes. Then, I hope they will. I am putting something back, as are many in PPRuNe HQ, and there are having been many super gestures.

By the way, when I started my first operation in '77 I was presented with a large framed print of a Camel over France. On the ground is the wreckage of Von Richtofen's DR1 Fokker Triplane. The pilot in the Camel is 'Boots' Le Boutillier who witnessed the end of the "The Red Baron. 'Boots' had 50 prints made of the original and signed one and gifted it to me at the start of my new operation.

I will happily sell that print to the highest bidder and donate the WHOLE of the proceeds to the fund.

I don't suppose it will help sell it but it might, because in 1977 I many times flew a replica of "The Red Baron's" DR1 (G-BEFR) at displays up and down the country.

So, there you are hasell, as up to date as I can get. It will happen I assure you. I hope in the early part of 2002.

hasell
29th Aug 2001, 16:54
IFR,
Thankyou for the update. I certainly do appreciate you and the team at PPrune HQ for all your ongoing efforts.
I'm quite happy to keep on sending you that £10'er a month -no problem and if I where lucky enough to make it onto a flight deck tommorrow, I'd be only too glad to contribute more...
Thanks. :)