PDA

View Full Version : Caps Lock Problems

Tosh McCaber
15th Mar 2003, 09:00
I get frustrated on finding that I have left the Caps Lock key on, since I don’t notice the little light way up on the top right corner of the keyboard.

Does anyone out there know of any PC keyboards on the market that have the indication that you are in Caps Lock mode, on the actual Caps Lock key? Information gratefully received.

Mac the Knife
15th Mar 2003, 15:34
Google for "intelligent caps lock"

Quite a few utilities it seems, from sMARTcAPs ($10) to FirstCap (free) and doubtless lots of others.

Departures Beckham
15th Mar 2003, 16:59
Try using the SHIFT key instead of the caps lock key (two on most keyboards - above the Ctrl key on both sides of the keyboard). The shift key will capitalise whenever it is held down, so it is impossible to leave on.

Hew Jampton
16th Mar 2003, 11:16
Windows has a facility to make a tone on the system speaker when Caps Lock is pressed. Start, Settings, Control Panel, Accessibility Options, tick ToggleKeys, Apply etc.

Hilico
16th Mar 2003, 11:21
If you're using MS Word 2000, look in Tools, Autocorrect - one of the options is to 'correct accidental use of cAPS LOCK Key'. i ALWAYS USE THIS OPTION. iT'S BRILLIANT.

Tosh McCaber
18th Mar 2003, 20:34
Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, my problem is that I don't notice the Caps Lock button, away in the right hand corner, and the main keyboard area. What I am really looking for is a keyboard, something like the Apple keyboards which have a highly noticeable indicator on the Caps Lock button.

Maybe there isn't a PC version??