PDA

View Full Version : Oats, Cabair or Jerez

reddemon
29th Aug 2001, 00:52
As a prospective self funder considering full time ATPL at OATS, Cabair or BAE Jerez I would be grateful to hear your opinions on the following:

Do different airlines have a bias towards students from a particular school?

Is there any data available that would demonstrate employment rates for graduates of the different schools.

cortilla
29th Aug 2001, 03:50
quick answer to both as far as i know no and no

fusible plug
29th Aug 2001, 18:52
From experience of both Cabair(PPL) and Oxford (ATPL), I would certainly recommend OATS. Might be a little more costly, but at least you have the chance to join BA through the SSP scheme. ALl you have to do is do well on the course. Cabair don't offer this and I understand BAe are only putting limited amounts of students forward. Does that tell you something? Go for OATS.

Wee Weasley Welshman
29th Aug 2001, 18:59
Ha ha!

henchman
31st Aug 2001, 17:44
Both schools offer special relationships with airlines. Don't want to influence you but would suggest that you ask each to spell out how they might help.. as these days both are anxious to please.

Check their pass rates...I think you will find there is not much difference...so choose the one that makes you feel that you are as important to them as they are to your future.

Should be interested to hear when you decide.

Henchman

ian
31st Aug 2001, 21:02
But beware - i know from experience that OATS has problems finding enough instructors at present - so much time is spent on the ground - not flying ...

Scratch One Bandit
31st Aug 2001, 21:23
I just wondering whether you've looked at SFT. I'm a student here, and am very happy. Worth coming for a look around at least.