PDA

View Full Version : Windows media player

tony draper
14th Mar 2003, 22:59
My windows media player has stopped working for some reason, if I click on a vid clip, I get "this prog has performed a illegal operation" message.
I have the older version, not sure of the number, can't seem to find that info anywhere, I did download the latest version awhile back but I disliked that and reloaded the older version, I can't remember if I downloaded that from somewhere, or if it comes on the Win 98 disk?.
I have not changed anything, or done anything to the machine, was fine yesterday but now it just gives that message .
Any ideas?

BlueEagle
15th Mar 2003, 00:40
When that sort of thing happens to me I reinstall over the top, it usually puts right the offending corruption.

Lost_luggage34
15th Mar 2003, 01:32
Had a similar problem too - echo what BlueEagle has said.

Worth trying the Microsoft update page for a later version and reinstalling.

Damm inconvenient when halfway through watching those video clips - I mean playing the mpeg music files !!

tony draper
15th Mar 2003, 10:32
I didn't like the latest version of media player, I keep me clips in one folder, I just clicked on em and they played.
The later media player would bring up a page with a screen and media library things, I could never find the clip I wanted, the older version was much simpler to use, so I deleted the newer version.
The more I think about it I must have downloaded the earlier version from somewhere, will do google search.
Thanks peeps.
I had similar probs with real player, it converted all me clips to a different format, I hate things that do that unasked.