PDA

View Full Version : Airport Lounges - Spain

newswatcher
14th Mar 2003, 15:07
Does anyone know if there is a "payable" option to gain access to airport lounges at either Barcelona(BCN) or Madrid(MAD) airports? I am travelling Iberia - "cut-price" Economy.

I can use my Diners Club card to gain access to the Serviceair lounges at Heathrow, either free(Terminal 1) or £8.50 at T2 & T3. Alternatively, I can use a company called ABC Holiday Extras, and get access for £17.50.

So is there some similar arrangement for Spain?

Many thanks.

JJflyer
15th Mar 2003, 10:03
Yip. It used to be possible to pay for lounge access in most of the Spanish airports. I am not sure if this is still the way things are.

If you want to be sure of access try www.prioritypass.com

You will find several programs that suit travellers. I´ve got one and since I seldom travel First or Business do not usually have access to lounges. With the pass I have.

Cheers

JJ

newswatcher
17th Mar 2003, 08:23
Thanks JJFlyer, but I didn't want to pay an annual fee. I don't do enough air travel. The "ABC" fee I mentioned is "one off". I was looking for a Spanish equivalent. I have a 2 hour stop-over, and I was looking to kill time in comfort!

Bumz_Rush
17th Mar 2003, 18:43
The Priority pass is the best secret in pax flying. The annual fee was so low as to be a steel, but this year has increased to a realistic figure. They offer a small fee and a entrance fee, excellent value.
They are the one reason why I continue to use Easidebt. The lounge in luton for eaample is 101% quality, equal and perhaps better than the BA LHR. (all of them)....
Check out their web site for all current loactions., and I dont get a free introduction gift, (Tried so many time but never received.)

Boss Raptor
30th Mar 2003, 18:01
yep - prioritypass - me too...

i only usually only get business class on flight over 8 hours...and am quite happy in economy anyway...but this does enable me to relax away from the masses prior to the flight...good value for money...

PAXboy
30th Mar 2003, 20:30
I endorse Priority Pass too. However, many of the lounges are straight forward commercial affaris - and I think that we shall see more of them.

They will sell you entrance straight out, or have deals with numerous travel groups / P.Pass / etc. The Lounge at LTN is one such. I agree that it's 101% and am always happy to get to LTN early to have a drink, read the paper and do email at no extra charge.

The P.Pass listings do not say if they are pure commercial lounges or not. For BCN they list as being in both Terminal A and B. In MAD, two are listed, both in Terminal 1.

I have not used MAD but *think* I used BCN in 1999 but whether I did or just had too much to drink in the lounge to remember it ... I cannot remember. :p