PDA

View Full Version : Any information about flying in Le Martinique or Guadalupe?

N2334M
13th Mar 2003, 17:55
Hello,
I'm going to visit Le Martinique next month. Actually I'm looking for my first job as a pilot (JAA CPL/IR). Is there any opportunity for a young pilot? I'm a musician too, so I could play the piano too ;)

Thank's for all and sorry for my english,
Jaime
[email protected]

3MTA3
14th Mar 2003, 12:23
Well, if you don't speak french and don't hold a french licence, the music will then be the way to earn money. Avoid Fort de France, the east coast is much nicer in Martinique :cool:

Captain Stable
14th Mar 2003, 13:10
3MTA3 - there is no such thing as a French licence any longer. It is all JAA.

N2334M, I wish you good luck - if no luck in Martinique, try Guadeloupe and St. Martin as well.

Althought the pay is much worse (generally) as a musician, I think the world is more in need of musicians than pilots... :(

3MTA3
14th Mar 2003, 16:04
Captain Stable, I'm glad you know better than a frenchman who just had to apply for a validation of his JAR ATPL issued in Switzerland to be able to fly a French registered airplane. The process took 2 month, I just had my validation 2 weeks ago. Jar is a beautiful dream my dear:E :E

Unfortunately France doesn't play the JAR game. They do their own cooking, and they are already very tough on their nationals, so as a foreigner..... I confirm the fact that YOU DO NEED A FRENCH VALIDATION.I'm ashamed of my own country system.
Sorry to say N2334M, but forget the French islands and any airline with a French registered airplane. Anyway, about 90% of the time they use French checklists and all the procedures are done in French in the cockpit.

Jaime
17th Mar 2003, 19:16
Thank's for your words.

I'm working in spain as a music teacher, I like it...but for the moment I'm not very happy with the idea of beeing all my life in the same place.

We'll see.
Best wishes,

Jaime

Wireless
20th Mar 2003, 20:11
Hang about. Jaime, have you just changed your user handle?

Could swear N344somethingorother was a musician as well:D :D

Bill

Jaime
21st Mar 2003, 20:23
"jaime" and "N2334M" is the same person. I don't understand why appeared it in my first message.:confused:

Perhaps you thought the air is plenty of musicians now!

Bye,

Jaime