PDA

View Full Version : BA DEP Selection

Winston
28th Aug 2001, 20:11
Just wondering what the CURRENT form is for day 1 of the DEP selection process. All the people I have spoken to say that it simply involves written tests. This is also what is stated in the archives ,however, I have just received an invitation to attend which indicates that the group assessment and interview also take place during the day.
Can anyone who has attended RECENTLY shed some light on this? Cheers

B clam
28th Aug 2001, 23:00
Joined 3 weeks ago as a DEP.

Stage 1:

300 Q Pyschometric test - not assessed as such but used to form interview profile.
Verbal reasoning test - time critical
Numerical (maths!) test - time critical
Computer based aptitude test - not assessed. Use for info only!!

Bc

Winston
29th Aug 2001, 00:19
B clam, thanks for the info. Congratulations for getting through, just out of interest what fleet are you on and was it your first choice?

B clam
30th Aug 2001, 20:30
A320 LHR. Yep, first choice. Offered 744 for same start date and 777 for Oct (ish). Won't bore you with the reasons for my choice.

Bc

Pontius
30th Aug 2001, 20:56
Winston,

The format is changing from September onwards, in order to get more DEPs through the sausage machine. The selection will be a one day process with all the written/maths/JPI tests, interview and group test squeezed into a bunch of truly enjoyable hours. Naturally the sim will follow on a separate day if day one goes okay.

At the moment it is taking a minimum of 6 months (including 3 months notice period) to get DEPs through and this is considered too long, given BA's current requirements. A one day process wil help cut down this time significantly (hopefully).

Good luck,

Pontius

Winston
4th Sep 2001, 20:48
B clam hope all goes well for you at BA. Pontius, do you know if they are still doing the memo writing exercise and if so whether it'll be on day 1?

RVR800
5th Sep 2001, 12:40

Pontius
5th Sep 2001, 13:18
Winston,

1 day DEP process, not necessarily in this order:

Interview
Maths test
Verbal Reasoning test
JPI (true/false otter) test
Computer hand/eye tests (pyscometric or however you say it)
Group 'discussion'

No memo - not enough time.

Day 2, if successful, simulator in 1-11.

Don't know when you're going, but check with BA 'cos it sounds like pilot recruitment may come to a grinding halt...damn those little birds.

Chox aweigh,

Pontius

RVR800
5th Sep 2001, 19:40
050901 BA recruitment web site:

Direct Entry Pilot Scheme - Hold Pool
(London, Heathrow) Closing date: No closing date

Our scheme offers a world of opportunity for experienced high-calibre pilots who are seeking to develop their careers with one of the most progressive airlines in the business. In an increasingly competitive industry we are looking for ambitious people who have both business awareness and a sustained commitment to the provision of exemplary customer service. We are currently offering positions as a First Officer on the A320, B737 and B744 at London Heathrow. It is likely that we will have B777 positions available towards the end of this year. Preference will be given to type rated pilots and to those whose flying experience and qualifications are most suitable to the positions available.

ATR Direct Entry Captain
(London, Gatwick) Closing date: 31/03/2002

Applications are invited for the position of Direct Entry Captain on the Euro-Gatwick ATR 72 fleet, operating a successful shorthaul scheduled service on Domestic and European routes. Positions could suit those retiring from other airlines. (Candidates should be no older than 61 years and nine months when they start a training course, as the retirement age is 65 years.)

Winston
7th Sep 2001, 19:14
Thanks a lot for all the info. I'm going along for day 1 in just over 2 weeks. one final question and i'll leave you all in piece, does anyone know what the interview is like. Is it technical, CRM related or all about BA?
Cheers

Winston
7th Sep 2001, 19:18
Of course when I said piece I actually meant peace!! Can't wait for the BA english test?!?

skymaster5
8th Sep 2001, 02:07
just a quick massage for those applying for DEP (BA) ref the english and maths. May sound stupid - but practice makes perfect. If the last time you sat a psycometric test was a while back suggest you review 'how to pass verbal selection tests' by Tolley. also saville and holsworth website. as ever - all very simple when you know how!

Sick
8th Sep 2001, 03:08
Practically no technical questions, a bit about BA/business awareness. Most questions are rather similar to what was on the application form, (ie very difficult to answer on the spot).

VAT
9th Sep 2001, 18:47
Hi all!!

Nice topic, lets keep it running!!
I've been invited 2 for the first day of the assesment in October. Nice 2 read some usefull info about it. Does anyone know if BA often employs 'foreigners'. I am dutch... thats why. Will the choice between 744, A320 and 777 still be there for the time being or is it likely to change?

Cheers,

VAT

RVR800
10th Sep 2001, 17:19
Glad to see BA direct recruitment is still
running - the web details remain the same

Good luck chaps