PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Assist's Airline Prep

barry white
28th Aug 2001, 19:50
I've just gone through a few of Pilot assist's airline tests and wow were they an eye-opener!

I had to do about 4 different test days all of which were nothing like what I expected, but all in their own way worked out that little bit more about me. The results were even more surprising... I didn't agree with some of the personality profile at first, but when one of my buddies read it his words were 'thats you on paper!'

If this is the sort of things the airlines are dishing out to us prospective FOs its obvious why so many people are not getting through as the airlines don't even give you any feedback, just simply that you haven't got the job. I found some of the tests similar to those run by BA and their cadet programme, yet another that you don't get feedback from (is that really a big surprise?!) but for all you wannabe's out there I would highly highly recommend it as it gives you a little more idea of some of the things you'll get put through on an interview!

Keep up the good work & ideas PA!

:D :D :D

barry white
29th Aug 2001, 11:19
yes rich tea (mmmm, I fancy one with my tea right now!)

its part of their course, after the ATPL's & flying training, an airline interveiw preparation course, worth a look for any wannabe

Lightning ace
29th Aug 2001, 11:28
Airline prep from a company whose three full time staff have NO airline experience.

Sounds well worth the money !!!!!! :rolleyes:

Wee Weasley Welshman
29th Aug 2001, 11:49
Well I have had an email from them inviting me to visit whenever I wish with a view to seeing if they are a cowboy rip off unit or a valuable new resource for the aspiring airline pilot....

I am keeping an open mind but my approach - as usual - is one of mild scepticism.

Does anyone know the actual names of those running this scheme?

GPS Approach
29th Aug 2001, 11:58
WWW,

Check your E-Mail

Regards GPS.

Lightening Ace,

The person who runs the Airline Prep course for Pilot Assist is currently also employed as a line Pilot for a major UK Airline. Perhaps in future you may want to check your facts before you post.

[ 29 August 2001: Message edited by: GPS Approach ]

Wee Weasley Welshman
29th Aug 2001, 14:28
Hmmm.

I am slowly learning more. Seems the airline prep part is run by a colleague of mine who should know what she is talking about...

This gets curiouser and curiouser...

[ 30 August 2001: Message edited by: Wee Weasley Welshman ]

Wee Weasley Welshman
29th Aug 2001, 14:57
Hmm, the more digging I do the less I am impressed.

The individuals involved whilst superficially qualified at what they are doing would seem to lack serious experience or credibility.

I really cannot see what it is they can do for you that the books 'How to get an ATPL' and 'Zero To First Officer' cannot for a fraction of the price.

I am not sure either on the legality, copyright or ethics of administering psychometric tests UNLESS the person holds the relevant qualifications to do so and is accredited as such by the British Psychological Society. If they are using simple off the shelf tests then they are available by mail order to anybody and of questionable value to airline wannabes.

I think you'd be far better off attending a PPRuNe Wannabe Seminar for £10 and getting to talk to seasoned Chief Pilots and the like about recruitment...

Frankly half the reason for the setting up of the Wannabe Seminar days was becuase of an awareness on the part of PPRuNe management that there are people out there making a good living out of Wannabes by selling them dubious "services" linked to their desire to gain employment...

I'll keep looking at this but for now my advice is to be cirumspect if considering employing this organisation.

Lightning ace
29th Aug 2001, 17:04
As I said. The three full time guys that run the place. Have NO airline experience.

Yes they do employ a certain lady FO from 'go' to do some work. That and the work she does as a rep for 'PamAm' FTO.
But she is not full time.

As WWW stated. If you check up on the two main people behind this. You will see the they have no experience. Look even closer into the mystery backers they claim to have and you would get very worried.

What they offer. anyone could do for themselves, without the additional cost. :rolleyes: