PDA

View Full Version : Dispatch jobs in the ME (DXB,DOH) ???

Dispatchguy
11th Mar 2003, 15:15
Wonder if anyone can share any ideas on available dicpatch/load control positions in the ME... Doha, Dubai??? preferably with an airline or GHA can do as well.

Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

//Dispatchguy

Fosters Expat
11th Mar 2003, 16:45
Dispatchguy,

Dispatch in DXB is performed by DNATA, the ground handling company, which is part of the Emirates group. They have just recently held interviews in the Uk for Redcaps, but I don't know if they received their full quota. Best thing to do is visit their website, and then fill out an application form online.
www.emiratesgroupcareers.com (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com)

I am not familiar with how load control works within Dnata, but seek out the Blueboy on here, and they will be able to expand somewhat more.

Back To The Bunker!

super aviator
11th Mar 2003, 18:48
Dispatchguy

Also have a look a flightinternational.com

Check under airport jobs.......

Dispatchguy
11th Mar 2003, 19:37
Thanks a million for the directions.

Have checked on EK Group and DNDATA, but thought that its not worht to send in CV on specualtive basis and then wait unless there are any vacancies advertised.

Has anyone got any ideas what systems is DNDATA using? Heard somewhere QR is using BABS DCS (???), has EK got something of their own?

//Dispatchguy

super aviator
11th Mar 2003, 19:48
Dispatch guy

Check your PM's !!!

AOG007
11th Mar 2003, 20:09
Good Evening Gentlemen,

Super Aviator, how's it going?

Check your email,........

EK use there own in house system to my knowledge, but stand to be corrected. As for QR, ? ? ?, Dunno!

As for speculative completion of the online application form? I would fill it in. Why wait for the mountain to come to you, when you can already be on it when it starts moving!

AOG007 :cool:

Fiction
12th Mar 2003, 07:36
By all means submit your CV, BUT still continue to check the Emirates web site and be ready to send another CV for a specific position.

EK receives between 7,000-8,000 job applications per month and one or two get lost !!!!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Blue Boy
13th Mar 2003, 17:45
Dispatch Guy,

DNATA are still recruiting Dispatchers. Although Interviews were recently held in London, I believe that there are more coming up.

Anyway, check your PM's.

BB

IceHouse
13th Mar 2003, 22:28
Re EK Loadcontrol/Dispatch jobs

Anyone know what the pay/benefits are?

KiloMIke
14th Mar 2003, 01:33
I can confirm that QR do use BABS in DOH.

EK use MARS which they bought from the SAir Group. Cant think of what it was called at the time. Its not to dissimilar to BABS from a load control/checkin point of view.

I would also love to know what the pay/conditions are with DNATA in DXB.

super aviator
14th Mar 2003, 17:06
Starting salary for Dnata Dispatchers is offered at £15,000PA
(Remeber this is tax free, so £1250 monthly)

Benefits are, housing with no bills excluding international phone calls etc.

Dispatcher
14th Mar 2003, 21:10
super aviator..........

sounds interesting so far !! when you say housing, is that in a dorm or something ? do you know, or anyone else for that matter know much else about the working conditions out there - like shifts etc etc....

thanks for an further info

Blue Boy
15th Mar 2003, 01:42
The standard of company accommodation is generally OK. Obviously that depends on who they put you with (Geezer :}), and where they put you.
They do try and keep people of similar cultures together, though that's not always possible. As a general rule of thumb, expect to share with at least one other person, usually two.

You can always take the option of the housing allowance once you've found your way around, but accommodation is quite expensive, and is not always to the same standard as that provided by the company. (Do a search on the Middle East Forum for more on this).

The shift patterns tend to vary somewhat, especially if you try to compare them to Europe. The Airport is busiest through the night, therefore most of the work is through the night.

MONSOIRC
16th Mar 2003, 12:55
I have just got a interview for a Duty Manager job in DXB this week, whats the consensius of opinion in going to DXB at this moment in view of the Iraq situation?.

AOG007
16th Mar 2003, 13:41
Consensus amoung my friends is that we are all safer here, than when any of us were back in the UK. Especially as I was in London before here.

Would not need worry about small things like that, well not yet anyway. One must remain realistic, and of course we are closer here than the UK. But the war is not the threat. It's the backlash, and I don;t see that happening here, to the extent it can happen in many other major cities around the world.

Come over, you'll enjoy it, most people do.......

AOG007

Fiction
17th Mar 2003, 07:51
The only time I have felt threatened here was going close to AOG007"s BBQ, his technique leaves a lot to be desired.

The general opinion here, including locals, is that they will be glad to see the back of SH.

But you could get the odd lose cannon spraying bullets as you can anywhere in the world.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

AOG007
17th Mar 2003, 15:38
Fiction,

But my unique technique for Desert BBQ's cooked your Shrimps pretty well.

As for my desert driving technique..... Well I could understand you not being to keen on that

:D

AOG007

mickey71
15th Apr 2003, 10:39
hi all,

i can tell you abit about dispatch jobs in dxb,recently had a
interview with DNATA.
first of DNATA are looking to increase their work load by a very
large amount in the next 18 months.
DXB works under a open skies policy no runway slots are
required so everyone is on the ground at the same time
8am in the morning and from what i was told 2am in the morning
the place is like hell.
the contracts are not fixed,the pay is tax free £900 a month if
you take the option of company accomodation,thats sharing
with other dispatchers and of the same sex only,no mixed
sex set-ups i am afraid.
if you do not take the company option of accomodation you
earn £1100 tax free,so you get a meagre £200 a month
more to find somewhere to live chances are that it may not
have air-con,and dxb is expensive to rent from what i have
learnt.
their is no real job training as such,as they expect you to
have experience,is just a case of 'shadowing' another dispatcher.
the work force is very multi-racial,i was told there is only
a handful of european dispatchers,the rest are from india,
pakistan,phillipines and so on,there is no arabs as they are
all 'stinking rich' and drive ferrari's.
the loading staff hardly speak english and you need eyes
in the back of your head when it comes to giving orders!.
as for dcs systems they use 8 different dcs systems babs
being one of them,they have just scrapped codeco the klm
system used by servisair and aviance,dnata are trying to
get all carriers on their own dcs.
so if its less money than the uk you want,and 45c temp and
100% humidity in mid august then dxb is the place to be,
there is opportunity to get on if you prove your worth to
a supervisors posn within poss 6 months,as for loadcontrol
posns i am not to sure,they would prob be the best bet!.

well for those who are thinking of dxb,i hope this helps,
hope it does not sound to negative but that what i was told
by their dispatch and hr manager!.

good luck

Dispatchguy
16th Apr 2003, 00:49
Mickey71,

Can you give more details on DNATA interview process: what are the questions they ask, what background experience do they expect from candidates etc... ?

Also someone here had said salary levels for Dispatchers are around GBP1250 per month including free accomodation. Could it be so low down to GBP900 ???

Also, check your PMs.

//Dispatchguy

redcap
16th Apr 2003, 00:51
So Mickey

Did you get the job?

and are you going to take it?

rgds

Dispatchguy
23rd Apr 2003, 18:00
Has anyone else attended DNATA interviews in LGW 22-23 April???

Blue Boy
24th Apr 2003, 01:52
Mickey,

Anyone who reads your post may take the wrong idea from it. I'm not saying that it's not 100% correct, I'm just saying that you portray about 10% about working in Dubai, the other 90% is the lifestyle, which I'm almost certain you don't know about. Remember, you don't work all the time.

I, like many people over here I know, came over for a year or so, and I've just now completed my fourth. There is a lot more to DXB than work, a lot more.

To those people who are offered the chance, I say take it. True, it is hard, and not without other problems. However, when you look at Dubai, and the expansion that the airport is going through, name me a place with this amount of opportunities, combined with the lifestyle? If, after 6 months you decide to go home, are you any worse off? No of course not, because you've always tried it.

Fiction: Ask AOG007 about his singing abilities at my BBQ's. Very Impressive, especially while holding a hammer :8

Rgds,
BB

Fosters Expat
25th Apr 2003, 16:59
The Blueboy is spot on!

It's not all work, work, work!!!!!!!

Come and join the party in the sand!

mickey71
30th Apr 2003, 10:38
hi again,

ref redcap question no i did not get the job,so i may be sounding
abit cheesed off,i thought i did ok in the interview,bit baffled
as to why i did not get the job, i only have 12 years experience of ground handling from dispatcher,loadcontroller,loadcontrol supervisor, KLM CODECO LOADCONTROL TRAINER and operations supervisor.

whoever was asking after the questions and interview
there is a test on various aspects of dispatching and
dangerous goods and how to transfer info from a cpm etc.
overall i found the interview technique to be relaxed,
basically asking about how you would deal with situations.

however if i was asked along for an interview again i would
go along and give it a try,despite some of the things i
said may have come across as negative,i would like
to go out there and give it a try!

all the best to those who are trying to get in and who work in dxb!

Whispering Giant
30th Apr 2003, 12:00
Fiction - i can understand why you dont feel comfortable with AOG007's driving - his driving back here in the UK was'nt much better ;) - is he still using petrol on his BBQ's ???? or does he use Alcohol - nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh knowing AOG he would prefer to drink the Alcohol :ok: :ok:

WG

Dispatchguy
30th Apr 2003, 17:43
If Mickey71 has 12 years experience and still did not get the job, who gets it then I wonder?

What would be the ideal candidate for Dnata then... any ideas???

//Dispatchguy