PDA

View Full Version : Companies around Texas

huey
11th Mar 2003, 09:08
Hi All,
I have a friend who will be moving to the states sometime next year.
He was just wondering what companies operate around the Gulf to the oilfields and what the Min requirements would be for Captains and Co-Jo's.

Many Thanks

Huey

GLSNightPilot
11th Mar 2003, 15:15
There are a ton of them, from very large to very small. PHI has about 275 helicopters (it changes from day to day) & there are companies with one. Generally I think 1000hrs is about the minimum, the more the better of course. I don't know of anyone hiring specifically copilots - generally you start out in small ships & work up to medium SIC by seniority. A few companies have tried putting new-hires in mediums as copilots, but it didn't work out. Nobody was happy, & it didn't last long anywhere.

I don't know of a comprehensive list of operators - a new one seems to spring up every month or so. Lots of people seem to be winning the lottery, & running a helicopter business until the money runs out. The major companies are PHI, Air Log, & Era, and many smaller companies. Offhand I can think of Tex-Air, Republic, American, Central, Evergreen, & I'm sure there are many more, I just can't remember them all.