PDA

View Full Version : Oh...my...Indonesia

freightdriver
11th Mar 2003, 02:25
Latest News on Indonesia...

The market looks bright for the moment and a few of the new operators is bringing in more aircraft (cheap) and hired expat hands to fly it.

One of the operator with initial "IA" is said to bring 20 727 and possibly 767s and more 747 (have one already). This pose an interesting situation due to the lack of rated 727 Indonesian pilots so in the mean time there is a flow of expat pilots flooding the market.

Rumours has it (I think this is the perfect site to start one huh?)a lot of the funding flowing to the Indonesian airlines market is from questionable sources (the laundry variety).....what will happen to the industry in the long run then, seems nobody cares for the moment...

Just sharing!

the wizard of auz
11th Mar 2003, 09:44
If they get to deal with some of the guys I had to deal with then........Apa bahasa indonysia? Saya tidak mau.Saya tidak suka ini! and then they will pack up and go home. some of the people in Indonesia are there own worst enemies....... then again I have some good freinds there and I love the place so maybe I should be one of the expats that be going over there looking for a job. :D

freightdriver
11th Mar 2003, 22:04
One issue: many of the new start-ups is too focus only to regain their investment at min time and the airline industry is currently engaged in a price war. We all understand that at the end of the day they are in it for the profits (pays for our salary etc), that is just fine and dandy and the air traveller benefits most from the low fare

But to some of us in the profession, major concern is that many corners are going to be cut or circumvent all together, i.e. stretching the manpower beyond legal limits and even stretching the limit of capability on aging 73'2s and 72s (maintenance etc.)

Maybe some of these thoughts should be reserved in my head but hey! this is Pprune.....if I can't share here it'll be an expensive therapy session....

Yup, if you got the 727 ratings I am sure they will be happy to have you....

:cool: