PDA

View Full Version : REX to operate in QLD

BPA
10th Mar 2003, 08:51
Heard from the BNE refueller that REX have plans to open a BNE base in the near future and operate on routes against Sunstate. First route will be BNE-GLD, followed by BNE - EMD and then BNE-BUD.

Anyone else heard anything????

HAMO
10th Mar 2003, 09:31
Yep, I can really see Rex doing that!!

Especially as they have just withdrawn from CFS, and are doing some heavy route profitability analysis on ALL the runs

Think they will be consolidating their current network before doing any big interstate expansion plans

But then again, Jonesy and his team of merry men have done some pretty crazy stuff since August 1!!!!

Did the same refueller tell you that Rex are getting 4 SAAB 2000's ?? True - the CFO and GM Commercial were in Switzerland in Jan doing some heavy talking with SAAB and Crossair

Watchdog
10th Mar 2003, 10:28
Is the BNE refueller as reliable a source as the TSV refueller ;)

apacau
10th Mar 2003, 20:20
I have heard the Saab 2000 rumour. My question is what run would they put them on?

As for Qld, I have no idea. But I would hold off for a bit. Going up against QFLink on a new route won't be a walk in the park.

Master of the House
12th Mar 2003, 00:36
The REX expansion in QLD roumor has been confirmed by the CEO, don't know when though. Roumor has it Saab 2000's or ATR 42's on the cards...

Blue Hauler
12th Mar 2003, 00:43
wATCHDOG

Maybe Hardy negotiated a job with Shell in BNE!

Kwaj mate
12th Mar 2003, 03:50
Very interesting & logical.
These routes are high density & have great yields (judging by the fares quoted & on offer in CRS's).
Looking at Flight West growth in the past, they seemed to do well after commencement of services over these markets.
Good luck to Rex if they do take the plunge & expand into markets ex BNE.

sexkitten118
12th Mar 2003, 07:04
Kwaj mate

nice name but your profile says your from majuro, was through there recently but didn't see you.

VH-AJC
12th Mar 2003, 11:53
The REX website now has an advert mentioning 'Exciting new offer about to land' on it.

Any idea what this is about?

Kwaj mate
13th Mar 2003, 02:11
You must have looked inthe wrong place, as I am a very quiet kind of bloke really.
If I go to one of the bars, will have a quiet drink at the RRE; but would much rather go fishing with Rudi.
Usually hang out with the local chaps rather than drink with the expats.
But then - how do you know if we did meet or not.
How long were you here for?

pa31p
14th Mar 2003, 23:06
Their exciting new offer about to land appears to be a new frequent fly and guest lounge program.

REX Lounge (http://www.regionalexpress.com.au/ff/benefits_lounge.aspx)

REX Flyer (http://www.regionalexpress.com.au/ff/benefits_flyer.aspx)