View Full Version : I have done it, and it is good .. very good!

The Greener Grass
13th May 2001, 20:55
Yes dear fellow PPRuners. I have gone solo at long last - the wx in UK has finally caved in!

Haven't posted for ages, but let me tell anybody reading this and considering doing their PPL, then it really is as good as everybody tells you here.

In fact it is amazing. Quite impossible to put in words really. You just have to do it.

Cessna Boy
13th May 2001, 22:44
Big well done to you.
Just out of interest how many hours and how long ago were you ready to go but the weather held you back?
I done mine after 17 hours but was ready at about 14 but due to pretty little crosswinds the CFI held of until it was good, so really I should have done it around three weeks earlier.
But ain't it just grand when you're up there all alone?

Token Bird
13th May 2001, 23:39
Well done Greener. Yes the weather has been a total pain in the arse recently. It's very nice to hear from you after such a long absence. Sorry to steal your thunder but now might be a nice time to mention that this weekend has been a good one for me regarding PPL. I did my first solo nav. ex. yesterday and today I did my final ground exam,

TB

G SXTY
14th May 2001, 02:12
Nice one Greener!

Its one of those moments you'll remember for the rest of your life, and only another pilot will really understand what it means. (Explaining to it friends & family, the reaction is "That's nice dear").

I guess you're qualified to contribute to the big sex or 1st solo debate now. :)

------------------
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit pruning.

kopbhoy2
14th May 2001, 12:24
Well done, feels great doesn't it? :)

Tigereye
14th May 2001, 12:40
Well done.
It gets better and better... http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/aircraft/stuka3.gif

SpeedBird22
14th May 2001, 21:13
Congratulations and welcome to the club

What_does_this_button_do?
15th May 2001, 16:42
Went solo after 9 hours. Just done my first solo land away last weekend.

Simon W
15th May 2001, 16:47
Well done sir. I should be doing my first solo this afternoon or maybe at the weekend. It's odd. I read peoples posts about there first solo and I would of thought it would make me feel better about doing it....... this cannot be further from the truth, it actually makes the nerves come back! haha. I shall post when I get it done.

Well done again,

Simon

The Greener Grass
16th May 2001, 22:51
CB. I did mine after 14 hours, but was ready at 10 ... before the crosswinds came. So I thought rather than cancel, I would practice, and am reasonably handy at crosswind landinds now!

Hmmm sex vs 1st solo. Well I guess you can only do first solo once can't you, so the former gets my vote.

Anway thanks and well done to everybody else in this post.

TB - How many hours do you have now then?

schuler_tuned
17th May 2001, 01:32
ladies and gentlemen, please don't caught up in the hours to solo thing. years ago it used to be considererably less,on average less than 10 hrs. unless your into standing at the urinals with a show me yours/ show you mine mentalility, what does it matter?
flying is a balance of safety against pushing the boundaries of personal experienece, with no great rush to exceed
either! just enjoy, each step has a magical quality all of it's own.