PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 - Leeds Bradford

Fandango71
9th Mar 2003, 20:02
Hi

Jet 2 have been up and running for a month or so now. Does anyone know how they are doing on the AMS route and how are pre-sales on the other routes that start this month and April?

cheers Fandango

Buster the Bear
9th Mar 2003, 23:01
It is not the first few months that matter, but sustaining business throughout the year.

Good luck Jet2

http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/music049.gifhttp://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/music049.gif

14 loop
10th Mar 2003, 23:50
From my info Jet2 are doing quite well.

In the first month of operation they have not had cause to divert elsewhere due fog / wind and there have been a few times when LBA has been in LVPs. Indeed G-CELS has landed in Cat IIIa conditions at least once with the some tailwind component.

Punctuality is very good - the only major delays have been down to weather in AMS and a rare tech problem.

Pax figures on the AMS flights are I believe ahead of projections. 100+ pax is not unusual (indeed it is becoming the norm) and the yields when this full look pretty good if you check the difference in ticket prices.

Looking forward to the end of the month when the next phase of growth kicks-in with the launch of daily flights to Barcelona.

14 loop:O

682ft AMSL
11th Mar 2003, 08:30
"encouraging" seems to be the official line eminating out of Jet2 and LBA.

AMS is doing well and forward bookings on the sunshine routes are reportedly strong. All achieved, so far at least, without the need to resort to 'free' seat offers or anything similar.

On the downside, the Bergamo route is apparently proving difficult to sell. With daily services there was always a danger that there would be too much capacity for a destination which is pretty much untried in the north and these uncertain times won't be helping. We should see their winter timetable fairly soon, which may reveal what's working and what isn't

On a slight aside, one noticeable area where Jet2 differ from the rest is that they have virtually no PR / media presence. They have no 'front-man' to speak of and don't seem particularly interested in getting in front of the camera of in the papers to get a bit of free publicity. Even their web-site is devoid of any news or media relations section. Compared to their peers and competitors, very unusual indeed.

Chillwinston
11th Mar 2003, 09:24
They do advertise on the tv, yorkshire region anyway. Hope they prosper, its about time us "Northerners" got a local budget airline that seems to promise so much.

On another note, whats happend to Sheffield airport, they seem to have lost nearly all scheduled routes, Aer Arran, BRAL etc

Fandango71
11th Mar 2003, 19:06
thanks for the replies chaps!

I really hope JET2 do well and that it is a success for them and LBA. It is about time us Yorkshire punters had something local!!

ACE Dispatcher
12th Mar 2003, 21:13
whats happend to Sheffield airport, they seem to have lost nearly all scheduled routes, Aer Arran, BRAL etc

Chillwinston, Sheffield Airport closed down last September to all commercial traffic. The last flight being the BA Dash 8 to Jersey.:(

682ft AMSL
16th Mar 2003, 17:02
According to the Jet2 web-site, they've just added more frequency to Malaga and a quick search reveals many of their flights to AGP, ALC, BCN around the key holiday dates in May are already fully booked.

Suggests things are going OK for them

Aviation Trainer too
17th Mar 2003, 08:26
When I boarded on a flight from AMS they had the song "things can only get better"as background music. I must say was most imprest!

Good luck to a nice low cost carrier!

Flake
19th Mar 2003, 17:39
Just seen the new Jet2 aircraft take of from Base, Very Niceeee (in a posh voice).

GOOD LUCK JET 2!!!:D