PDA

View Full Version : Flying abroad

SkytrekHH
27th Aug 2001, 04:49
Hi,

hoping to receive my theoretical and practical ATPL by next spring, there's one important question for me: do you know how the chances are to get a job as a F/O at airlines in Britain or all over the world with a German ATPL (incl. Long Range, MCC etc.)? Especially the requirements concerning the conversion of national licences to JAR-FCL-licences are interesting to me (--> ATPL A1/A2? necessary), as well as the worldwide acceptance of foreign pilots with few experience.

If anyone of you has made experiences comparable to my situation, or knows something about the topic, I would be glad about some information!

Thanks a lot,
SkytrekHH

Lucifer
28th Aug 2001, 14:35
Should be no problem intra-EU

SkytrekHH
28th Aug 2001, 15:06
...heard about several companies with quite restrictive recruitment procedures (i.e. airlines in Scandinavia, Belgium, Britain). They often don't care about European regulations concerning equal rights to work and live etc...

Would also be interested in informations about the worldwide acceptance of young European pilots with few flying hours.

always happy landings,
SkytrekHH

mdieker
28th Aug 2001, 20:27
Hey Skytrekhh,

What I can tell you from my own experience is that quite some low time Dutch pilots find employment outside The Netherlands. The majority find employment with Cityline & Crossair. It seems that these airlines have a shortage of pilots.

Well wish you all the best

Cheers,

Regional