PDA

View Full Version : UAS (Primarily BUAS)

Flying Greased Gerbil
27th Aug 2001, 03:31
Urgent help needed getting through the selection procedures in the University air Squadrons. Any past present or future members could you please get back to me and give me the lowdown on the test procedures or any other help you could give me. :eek:

Freight Loser
27th Aug 2001, 08:09
It's nearly ten years since I joined BUAS, but back then we had an informal chat for around twenty minutes at Fresh fair, then on successfully passing that, a formal interview with the Sqn boss and two other officers. Know your age in years and months and be ready to answer quickly - that was the first question I got. Other questions were fairly predictable - why do you want to join BUAS? What course are you studying and why, what would you want to fly if you joined the RAF, what do you think of gays in the forces, do you take drugs, what do you think of the RAFs stance on drugs, what is happening in the world, what do you think of the situation in (insert name of troublespot here) Can't remember much else right now - it was a while ago. Finally a medical at Lyneham. Good luck.

Lucifer
28th Aug 2001, 14:30
Log on to www.durham.ac.uk/nuas (http://www.durham.ac.uk/nuas) for answers to everything. Format is still the same as described. There is also a link to BUAS from the website.