PDA

View Full Version : Icelandair MAN-CPT Charter Programme

Shed-on-a-Pole
9th Mar 2003, 15:24
The March 10th edition of 'Travel Trade Gazette' (yes, it does get delivered on the 8th) carries a report that Tour Operator CT2 (the former Club Travel 2000) plans to launch a programme to South Africa.

A proposed twice weekly MAN - Cape Town operation is set to operate between November 2003 and April 2004 using "an Icelandair Boeing 767-300 with two classes." Subject to Government Approvals, capacity will be 15,000 seats for the season. CT2 is also reported to be considering a second long-haul destination with details to be confirmed next month.

CT2 believes it can halve the costs of a typical UK-South Africa holiday based on current rates, and of course there is no competing operator with a direct flight from Northern England to South Africa at the present time.

One question: does Icelandair actually operate B763's, or could the aircraft concerned actually turn out to be the B757-300?

deTrix75
11th Mar 2003, 19:37
I have heard that Icelandair is about to take on a 767 - that should explain this...

no, no, no
12th Mar 2003, 16:10
does anyone know why, if this is true, why they are taking Icelandair's aircraft? Is it the particular aircraft type they want, or just what was available.

Can't imagine that the SA authorities would be happy though as SAA are still wanting to increase their access to LHR, hance restricting BA/VS access to CPT/JNB at the same time.

rentaghost
12th Mar 2003, 16:57
I think you'll find this is Air Atlanta.

p.s. I dont think the UK Airlines will be too happy either!!!

Mindthegap
14th Mar 2003, 11:04
No its actually Icelandair! With a B763.