PDA

View Full Version : SFT Integrated course 19th Nov and accom

Desk-pilot
26th Aug 2001, 18:11
I'm hoping to start the SFT integrated course on 19th November - just wondering if any other PPRUNERS out there are planning to join the same course.

Also - I have a list of B&B's provided by SFT - anybody got any recommendations from amongst them? I plan to stay B&B Mon-Thur and travel home to Chertsey at weekends to see my partner.

Desk-pilot

pletharoe
26th Aug 2001, 19:39
I did my training at SFT last year and because I live in York needed to stay full time so accomodation was important to me. After a couple of not so hot places I found a hotel where the landlady and her younger daughter cater fro pilots for anything from one night to months such as myslef. The hotle is extremely well looked after, is located directly on the beach front some ten minutes drive from the airport in Southbourne.

The rooms are very cheap considering, as pilots get a discount - shes extremely understanding of training costs, and board includes a full english breakfast and full three course meal on an evening for around £17 (then) I cannot recommend her highly enough. Contact Sue on 01202 427583.

Desk-pilot
26th Aug 2001, 21:51
Plethoro,

Many thanks for the tip - great news. How did you find the SFT experience - email me offline if preferred.

Also I'd be interested to know how you found the job market.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Crosswind Limits
26th Aug 2001, 23:48
Pletharoe wrote

"After a couple of not so hot places I found a hotel where the landlady and her younger daughter cater fro pilots for anything from one night to months such as myslef"

Sounds good to me!! :D

sydneyc
27th Aug 2001, 14:11
Desk Pilot,

Good to read your post. I too am aiming for the Nov 19th course. It would be good to talk to you to get the low-down - for instance, is the integrated course fully green-lighted? The last time I spoke to SFT, they were saying they had yet to really push it. If you get a moment, can you send me a personal email?

Thanks

sydneyc

sydneyc
27th Aug 2001, 14:15
Ooops. Have just looked at my post and it should of course read "green-lit". Cannot stand typo's!

window-seat
27th Aug 2001, 14:58
How much is the SFT integrated course? does it include accom? :confused: