PDA

View Full Version : Max. flying hrs BA will take...

Jason2000
26th Aug 2001, 12:52
Hello-

I am looking at applying for the BA cadet sponsorship scheme in a few years time, and was just wondering how many flying hours BA would consider as too much. I only have 50 at the moment which shouldn't be a problem, but will obviously have more in 2 years time.

Anyone care to shed any light!?

Cheers

Wee Weasley Welshman
26th Aug 2001, 14:45
I know people who got accepted with circa 200hrs a Night and Twin rating.

I myself got to the final stages twice with around 300hrs SLMG hours and an Instructor rating in the Air Cadets plus PPL and IMC rating and a years worth of PPSC ATPL distance learning under my belt.

My failure to pass the last hoop was due on both occassions to an inability on my part to persuade an occupational psychologist that I was a suitable 'team player' in the group 'lets all build a windmill out of Lego' exercise. The first time I was judged too reserved and the second time too domineering...

Go figure!

I wouldn't worry about your likely hours.

Jason2000
26th Aug 2001, 16:54
Cheers WWW

Obviously, your Lego building skills were not up to the standard required to fly a plane! Makes sense?!

Jason

simbinned
26th Aug 2001, 17:54
just wondering why do you want to wait a couple of years before applying to BA scheme.As you have obvious interest in flying,and seniority has such a massive affect on lifestyle..and is based on date of joining..why risk 1990s gulf war type recruitment freeze etc.??

GAF4139
26th Aug 2001, 22:40

I was always good with Lego but haven't got a clue about flying. Does this mean I am qualified enough to become a 747 Captain with BA?

GAF4139
(Still hopeing)

Human Factor
26th Aug 2001, 23:23
BA start to look a little more closely at where and how you achieved your flying experience if you have >100hrs.

Don't want you to pick up any bad habits!

FL390
27th Aug 2001, 00:19
Wee Weasley Welshman......check your PPRuNe mail please!

Lucifer
28th Aug 2001, 14:38
You are more likely to run into problems if you have done loads of hours but not much under instruction, and therefore potentially have developed bad habits.