PDA

View Full Version : puerto rico islander job

jsoceanlord
8th Mar 2003, 15:37
vieques air link in puerto rico has openings for islander pilots

an FAA ATP seems to be the main requirement

you can do a search on google.com to get their phone.

spm
8th Mar 2003, 19:53
I'm a canadian pilot working in St. Maarten flying right seat on the twin otter. Unfortunately I don't hold an FAA ATPL but I will have the required 1500 hrs by the end of the month. Is there anyway of getting around this issue. If I wrote the FAA commercial writtens could the company ride act as a FAA commercial flight test. And if so would the company allow to work while holding an FAA Commercial license rather than an ATP.

I've been to Puerto Rico regularly since I've been working in the caribbean and I love it there. So I'm very interested in this position. Any info would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks,

SPM

flyingman
8th Mar 2003, 22:04
Hi there. I have just read your question and sadly dont know the answer but can suggest you call atp inc in the usa. tel no 800-255-2877 or 904-273-3018, www.ALLATPS.com, they are set up just to do professional licences and are excellent. i did my atp out there in stuart florida and couldnt have asked for more, they were great.

I would love to work where you are and would appreciate any contacts you may have or any useful directions you can point me.
I have 2500 hours CAA CPL / FAA ATP/ RVSM/INSTRUCTOR RATING and am desperately trying to move beyond instructing. I also did a few hours on a Falcon 10 before it was unfortunately sold.

I would be grateful for any help you can offer. my email is [email protected] if you want to mail me. if you have any other questions let me know and if i dont know the answers i may be able to point you in the right place.

Good luck with your atp.

AFTA
8th Mar 2003, 23:31
Do you need a green card or US citizenship to work in puert rico?

Panama Jack
8th Mar 2003, 23:36
Of course you do! It's a US posession.

jsoceanlord
10th Mar 2003, 18:00
SPM - Paco Cruz is the name of the Dir Op's. He can answer your questions. you might need a green card and us passport- i have no idea.

vieques can be boring - though you don't have to live on vieques, and the pay can be bad. they fly 4 days on, four off.

for an ATP, I'd see Cleo Hutch, examiner, in st thomas

mrvmo
11th Mar 2003, 04:04
JSoceanlord,

Just wondering if you could elaborate a little on the pay. How bad is it? Could you give a ballpark yearly salary? Do they, Vieques Air Link hire into the left seat? Anything else that you know about them would be very helpful. Thanks.

Bill