View Full Version : Education and Age - BA?

Turbsy
12th May 2001, 22:38
Hi all,

If possible would really appreciate some feedback on this issue. I am living in Ireland and will be finished secondary school next month. I did the Junior Cert 3 years ago (GSCEs) and my results were 1 A, 4 B's, 4 C's and a D. Im currently studying 6 subjects for the Leaving (A-Levels) and feel Ill do fairly okay in all of them, one or two Im uneasy about. Just a few questions:

I will more and likely get all the BA min educational requirments but will that be enough to give myself a good chance at suceeding in the sponsorship?

Do BA only prefer people who have really good results or will I have as good a chance at suceeding as another person who has got great A-level results, etc?

Finally in relation to age. Do people just out of sch, 18 years old with some flying experience and an all life love for flying stand any chance at making it all the way to the end in the sponsorship or is it people who are slightly older, e.g 19,20+ that have a better chance?

Sorry for the long post,
Best regards,

Turbsy

Si
13th May 2001, 11:22
Hi, I would suggest for a bit of insight you look at oxford's website they have to pages set up by the recent BA cadets, it tells you there age, what qualifiactions they have and also what kind of flying experience along with a photo, go to the hompeage and click on AP191 or 195. Just gives you an idea of the kinda things they are looking for although the majority will be based on the interviews and aptitude tests.

Hope this helps a little.

fisher11
13th May 2001, 13:24
Si,

I've been through the Oxford website and I can't seem to find those courses.

Where exaclty on the website are they?

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Fisher

Si
13th May 2001, 19:36
Its right on the front page it says Student Websites there are 2, AP191 and AP195 click on AP191 it takes you to a new homepage and from there you will be able to see who they are and where they came from.

Heres the link:-
http://www.ap191.com/backgnd.htm

hope it works!

Turbsy
13th May 2001, 20:42
Thanks for that Si, seems like the majority of the cadets are all in their mid twenties, with computer or financial jobs previously.

Oh well, sure I'll give it my best shot this year or next.

All the best,
Turbsy

ickle black box
14th May 2001, 15:20
Having a Degree also seems quiet important !!

ickle

wtpurser
14th May 2001, 15:30
Instead of asking all these daft questions why don't YOU write to BA asking for the relevent information then you will be safe in the knowlegde that they are happy with what you have to offer them !

Or you could give them a phone, they also have the requirements on their website. Go check it !!!!!

Get on with it http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by wtpurser (edited 14 May 2001).]