PDA

View Full Version : The deals Off (BACX)

Nav Armed
7th Mar 2003, 23:56
Heard on aprons in the north.
J41 Eastern deal is off.Eastern can't get any BACX Pilots to go to them.
Big surprise,eh?
If its true, its "Another" massive F*%K up by TDLF and his motley crew.
Can't take a joke, shouldn't have joined.
Now where have i heard that before>
Good Luck everyone. We're going to need it!!!:(

JOCKEY
8th Mar 2003, 07:56
The reason that EA has not taken on any BACX pilots is because it would mean EA having to accept TUPE. BACX pilots can join EA, but they have to resign from BACX first. Thanks, BACX, for providing a smooth transfer to EA as was promised when the deal was first announced.

interestedparty
8th Mar 2003, 10:28
Perhaps TDLF should spend less time in Brazil finding out why the 145's doors don't fit, and more running the airline.
On second thoughts, perhaps vice versa ..........

P.Pilcher
8th Mar 2003, 12:26
Well - maybe the word as to the despicable way that Eastern treat some of their crews has got back to BACK staff which is why they won't join. I don't blame them. Eastern has only got itself to blame for this situation.

tightturnaround
8th Mar 2003, 12:42
P.Pilcher - I'm sorry - did I miss something?

'Well - maybe the word as to the despicable way that Eastern treat some of their crews has got back to BACK staff which is why they won't join. I don't blame them. Eastern has only got itself to blame for this situation.'

Is there any part of that comment that is resonable or indeed even useful? Quite what has Eastern got itself to blame for? not accpeting TUPE as previously mentioned? - why should they?
As for 'the despicable way in which Eastern treat some of their crews', mmm... which company is it that is actually getting rid of them? From my experience you'd have to go a long way to find an Eastern pilot who'd agree with you on that one, in fact many of them I'd imagine would say the exact opposite.

Pilcher, please, in future... think before you post, or do us all a favour, don't bother at all.

P.Pilcher
8th Mar 2003, 17:50
Oh dear - I think you probably did miss something or, more likely, havent spoken to the Eastern crews that I have in the last year or so.

I have made my point and others may take it as they will. I shall continue to post when I think it appropriate!

P.P.

highlandman
9th Mar 2003, 10:46
I am a skipper for Eastern A and nobody can speak for us all "P. Pilcher"!!!!!
Some of us are very happy at EA and some are less, like in every company but please don't speak in our name.
Concerning the BACX pilot on the J 41, they are all welcome to join us, unfortunatly, they can not keep the same package. EA can't afford yet to raise all the pilot to BACX standard, hopefully we will be in the futur.
It is down to them to assess there one situation and see if they want to join.

AOG007
11th Mar 2003, 17:06
Is anyone surprised that this deal keeps (supposedly) failing?

BACX can't seem to get their own house in order, let alone try and do something as simple as sell/transfer/loan/lease aircraft to another airline who will most certainly put them to good use, and make profit from them.

I can imagine, from my knowledge of the BACX setup, that the team trying to put this deal in motion are burning the midnight oil, attempting to get it done. However the top management / Waterworld management, probably keep changing the goal posts, and therefore, it all goes 'Pete Tong!'.

So they have now reportedly screwed up the deal with the J41's, so lets see what happens when they try and do something with the Dash's, who Plymouth City Airport are reportedly interested in.

Not only are Plymouth City Airport going to be starting afresh, they are going to have to deal the bizarre decision's made at Waterworld, and then on the inbred island of the Isle Of Man, and of course, we all know that BA/BACX will cause no end of trouble, for the genuine efforts of PCA, who only want to ensure that airlinks to the South West remain.

AOG007 :cool:

Chillwinston
12th Mar 2003, 11:20
Nice to see an airline suceeding at HUX for a change, just hope Eastern dont sucumb to the seemingley inept way BA are handling the route and a/c hand over.

On another note, can anyone sprerad any light on the reason for Eastern leasing a S.340 from skyways for a few months, any pictures posted anywhere of it in Eastern titles?

Is the old HUX to Esbjerg going to be resurrected, in the past this route was a very viable for the old Eastern / Genair.

Who owns Eastern Aw?

even HUY, HUX ?? or has Bryan HUXford bought into the airport too!

charterguy
13th Mar 2003, 08:00
Hope Eastern are not trying to walk before they can run. If they are not careful, history will repeat itself. Wonder what will happen to their gravy train HUY-ABZ, now that BMIbaby are introducing MAN-ABZ for as little as £40. :confused:

Data Dad
13th Mar 2003, 16:02
Charterguy,

what source are you using when you say bmibaby will be operating MAN - ABZ? bmi Regional fly that route and there is nothing on the Baby website to indicate they are doing MAN - ABZ.

As to Eastern, I know a few of their crew and all seem reasonably content with their lot! Thoroughly nice bunch of people to have on the other end of the radio :)

Chillwinston

Believe the Saab is being used for some corporate flying for British Aerospace.

DD

FlyboyUK
28th Mar 2003, 19:46
Its almost the end of March. So is the deal on or off? Gather end of the month was the deadline.

MattiW
28th Mar 2003, 21:32
I work for BACX in the Isle of Man and I was under the impression that EA had bought half of our J41 fleet. G-MAJC is already in eastern colours and one assumes the rest will follow. We have a shiney new eastern airways sign and all the manual checkin gear as, surprise surprise, we are handling them.

Second of all what do you mean by bizarre decisions on the isle of man AOG007? And for the record inbreading is confined to a few small areas nowadays

And who is TDLF out of interest?

FlyboyUK
30th Mar 2003, 21:23
Matti

The aircaft were being painted up whilst the negociations were still going on. Just two weeks ago David Evans said that the deal still had not been signed. Since then I have not heard any news as to whether the deal was finalised.

Anyone else have any news?

TDLF is the General Manager of Flight Ops

ATR42 Guy
30th Mar 2003, 22:28
Well? Anyone know if Mr Eastern signed on the dotted?

Chillwinston
31st Mar 2003, 18:46
If eastern have not signed on the dotted line and yet BA have already published that the deal is done in the press then the question that begs to be answered is why?

On the routes taken over will Eatern fly them as a franchise operator, is the terms of this the sticking point?

Are the aircraft subleased to Eastern rather then bought outright, are the lease payments to high?

As mentioned on previous entries, are Eastern having difficulty finding crew for the new aircraft?

Are Eastern holding out for better terms and conditions, the longer this goes on the more BA would surely offer concessions to finalise the deal?

Now Eastern are flying some of these new routes, what if a deal cannot be achieved, who do the routes revert too??

Theses are just a few possiblities of why the deal has not been done and no douby as the weeks past more will emerge.

Chillwinston
4th Jun 2003, 17:54
Can anyone shed any light on the Eastern / BA situation, have the J41's been accepted by Eastern?

FlyboyUK
4th Jun 2003, 18:12
Chillwinston

Yes the deal went through. Eastern have been operating the J41's since the begining of April. I was seconded to them for a couple of months to help out. Enjoyed flying with them, friendly outfit where you are still a name and not a number.

Good luck to them.