PDA

View Full Version : Taxi jobs/websites

rich49
7th Mar 2003, 18:24
Hiya,
I have looked on PPRUNE to no avail. I am trying to find a website that contains links to regional airlines and air taxi operators within the UK to find the requirements for ''starter jobs'' (not so much the regionals, I take it that they want the same as the majors?)
Does anyone know of such a site?
Also, do air taxi operators generaly require the holding of an MCC/CRM certificate? Do you need an ATPL? What about MECR? If an operator used say, malibu's and navajo's, would they still employ you without an MECR on the malibus?
Thanks for any help.
Richard

GARDENER
7th Mar 2003, 18:47
Try PPJN (Professional Pilots Job Network) There is a list on there of air taxi operators etc. You probably know the requirement of 700hrs for single pilot IFR and don't believe MCC would be an issue. I also understand that the CAA are looking at allowing SE public transport flights in IMC, at night and over water sometime in the future but like most things it's taking time. Therefore a multi rating would not be necessary and you could get by with a SE/IR (frozen ATPL) I think what I have written is pretty accurate but I am sure I will be corrected if not.