PDA

View Full Version : Danny You going to Lock this Thread too?

Ambassador1
25th Aug 2001, 21:04
Danny,

I am wondering how long its going to take you lock this thread? I am starting my stopwatch now. You seem to lock any thread I post on. Why not ban me and be done with it? But I guess you know banning someone really does nothing, since you can get go out and get another account in about 30 seconds.

I saw you lock my last post and say that people need to identify themselves to continue posting. You never asked me to identify myself or even to pass the information to you prior to posting.

I am not afraid of giving you the information for your personal viewing prior to posting, since I know the information is correct.

Florida Air

Wee Weasley Welshman
25th Aug 2001, 21:20
Florida Air - Actually I think I locked the last one.

Apart from being unsubstantiated the whole point of your topic is boring. Either summarise CONSISELY what it is you think people should be aware of. Or, let it lie.

My sensibilites are somewhat alerted to the fact that there have been an unusually frequent number of threads negative to SFT this past week. At this time of some unrest in the FTO business I am minded to be extra vigilant to either wild rumour or malicious gossip with regard to schools.

As an aside - desist from being so hecktoring in your indignation at having threads closed. The Admins & Moderators on PPRuNe are all very busy airline pilots working on your behalf for free. Adopt an attitude and tone in accordance with that fact please. Its only polite.

Kindest Regards,

EGDR
25th Aug 2001, 23:00
Lock him, go on......

ACARS
25th Aug 2001, 23:23
What a pointless posting from Florida Air. A complete waste of time!

HomerSimpson
26th Aug 2001, 00:21
Send him to the same place where Ronchonner is, far far away!

scroggs
26th Aug 2001, 02:13
I locked a thread you were involved in this morning. Although it was not your thread, you had more or less hijacked it to make not-so-vague allegations about Florida Air and Ambassador and, by association, SFT. I warned you (and all others on that thread) that unfounded speculation can damage companies that are otherwise perfectly healthy, and that there are potential legal repercussions which we'd rather avoid. If anyone insists on being derogatory to any organisation or individual using our (not your) bulletin board, we need to know exactly who you are so that any subsequent legal correspondence can go to the right place. We also reserve the right to lock a thread, or even delete your posts, if we believe that you are bringing Pprune itself into legally dangerous territory.
Anyone can start their own website. If you have an argument with an organistaion or individual, and you are not prepared to publicly state who you are and exactly what your complaint is, then make your own www.whomever-sucks.website (http://www.whomever-sucks.website) and take the legal flack yourself. We are not prepared to fight your legal battles for you.
If you're not prepared to do that, then keep your posts circumspect and on the safe side of the law (British, US, and whoever else might be involved).
Oh yes... a change of username and password is not sufficient to get past our blocks! And if you're going to attempt the conspiracy theory attack on us, suggesting that we are commercially associated with any company or individual you might dream up, at least make it sufficiently implausible to be funny. Or interesting. Neither of which describes your posts so far - no law against that, though, unlike a lot of what you write.

[ 25 August 2001: Message edited by: scroggs ]

Capt PPRuNe
26th Aug 2001, 02:21
Scroggs, save your breath. I just read this so the poor guy has been lookig at his stopwatch for a long time. Thread closed and other requests obliged. :rolleyes: