PDA

View Full Version : DASH 8 FO Positions

slackbladder28
7th Mar 2003, 09:46
Does any one know of any operators looking for Dash 8 type rated fo's?

Cheers

Slack

Panama Jack
7th Mar 2003, 12:37
If you have an Eastern Caribbean passport, Caribbean Star is looking for Dash 8 crews. There are no Dash 8 operators in Central America, but there are a few in South America (Colombia and Argentina, for example). The problem is that most countries are closed to foreign pilots in Latin America, even IF you can speak fluent Spanish.

Keep your eyes peeled on some of the pilot hoar outfits. A number of them have recently advertised for Dash 8 type rated crews, for a number of locations including Asia, the Caribbean and the Middle East.

JoeCo
7th Mar 2003, 19:19
As Panama Jack said, their is an outfit in the Middle East that is advertising for Dash pilots. I have seen there advert a few times so i am sure you can track it down. Check the Flight Int. website.

sudden Winds
8th Mar 2003, 00:13
Sorry to inform you that the main dash-8 operator in Argentina, an arline called Southern Winds, gave their dash-8s back to bombardier as they couldnīt afford the leasing costs. Try Asia and the ME, as Europe, the States, Canada, NZ and Australia will require rights to work in the country.

Hope this helps,

SW
www.patagonianskies.com.ar

cochise
11th Mar 2003, 18:06
Just call up Caribbean Star and have a chat, they're always looking for contract pilots...Passport is not a restriction either.

slackbladder28
12th Mar 2003, 08:44
thanks guys.

I am following up all the options you have suggested.

If I get any joy I will post the outcome.

Cheers

Slack

slackbladder28
24th Mar 2003, 11:51
There is a outfit looking for "Dash-8 Captains & First Officers - Caribbean" according to the climb350.com site. Does anybody know who this might be?

I want to get my CV to them ASAP.

Once again

Cheers!

Slack

bcflyer
25th Mar 2003, 15:26
just wondering if anyone knew any details about Carribean Star. Salary, working conditions, bases, All the usual stuff :) I have a Canadian ATPL and almost 2000 hrs of Dash-8 time. Unfortunately its all in the right seat. Any chance of upgrades there? Or do they just hire contract guys that already have captain time on the 8? I have alot of multi turbine command, just not on the 8. Any info would be appreciated,
Thanks in advance!!

Panama Jack
11th Apr 2003, 14:35
Unless you are a Caribbean citizen, it is a 6 month, non-renewable contract position, through a Calgary based pilot contract outfit. They have contracted some Jazz FO's with less than 1000 DHC8 FO time. You go into the seat you are qualified on. I believe $4500USD/mo is the number I had heard.