PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training Exhibition 12/04/2003. How do you get there?

rocafellascunk
7th Mar 2003, 08:08
Can anyone tell me how you can get to the Flight Training Exhibition from the London Underground? I saw the link to the hotel from the advert but it seems to give directions for if you are driving. I will be arriving @ Heathrow via the London Underground. Is it walking distance or will one need a bus/taxi?
Many thanks for your help.
R

Rotorbike
7th Mar 2003, 08:51
www.streetmap.co.uk

Then stick the postcode TW6 2AQ to decide if it's too far to walk. Get out at Terminal One as it is the closest.

Can't remember if there is a pedestrian tunnel though so that should be the next question!!! Can anyone help.

Happy Landings
7th Mar 2003, 14:19
OK Guys,

You need to get off the underground at Heathrow Terminal 1,2,3 and follow the signs up the stairs/escalator to the bus station.
When you get outside turn right and right again so that you end up behind yourself. Head for the ticket office/info centre which is past the little chef, the bus stop is outside the ticket office. Now you get the staff bus to Hatton Cross via Harlington Corner (which is free), make sure you ask the driver because the bus going to Hatton Cross via waterside will take you an hour to get there the one going the other way will take about 5 mins! When you get out of the airport and onto the Bath Road ( with aeroplanes landing on your right hand side) you should see the hotel on the right (near MacDonalds ahead on the left) There is a bus stop opposite the hotel. If in doubt ask the driver or the ticket office the bus is free to all and the Hotel stop is one of the first stops on the Bath Road. Busses should be about every 10 mins, don't get a taxi and the next bus will probably drive past you if you walk!

Happy Landings

mdbethell
7th Mar 2003, 15:28
arrive at the tube station, walk to the nearest terminal (poss terminal 1) then go to the arrivals concourse and catch the hotel bus simple!

Happy Landings
7th Mar 2003, 19:06
Just to update, The Hotel Hoppa from Terminal One, two or three - £3 single, £5 return!

rocafellascunk
8th Mar 2003, 07:51
Thanks everyone for that. See you there?
R

TopBum
9th Mar 2003, 17:42
The first time I went I took the train and tube. Nightmare!!:eek:

The second time I went by coach (FlightLine). Much, much better!!;)

I recommend going by coach much quicker, cheaper and less hassle then train and tube.