PDA

View Full Version : appeals for exam results

Day Dreamer
25th Aug 2001, 17:50
Just got my results for the August ATPLs, 6 out of 7, so i'm not realy bitter. But through the whole of the examination week we had half the worlds bag pipe bands practicing outside the window. Very distracting at the time, but we were a tad unsure of how to complain at the time, a little bit in awe of the mighty CAA invigulator, and all that crap.

Is it worth contacting the CAA or what? :confused:

EGDR
25th Aug 2001, 18:13
I too did them in Glasgow and it was ****ing annoying. However if you look at all the crap they send you when confirming your booking there is a get out clause. I quote

'Whilst every attempt is made to ensure reasonable comfort in examination halls, the CAA cannot be held responsible for extraneous noise or for any breakdown or fluctuations in heating, lighting or ventilation facilities in examination halls which are operated on hire or lease arrangements and over which the CAA, as a result , has no direct control'

I think that covers them. By the way which one did you fail - instruments was the one that got me!!

Airbus A320
25th Aug 2001, 23:23
I did the exams at Glasgow as well. That noise was almost as annoying as the words "not tonight, I have a headache".
Is it just me, or has most people who sat the exams this month failed the instruments exam, I know I did

AirScream
26th Aug 2001, 00:22
AirBus A320 - Yup, I failed Instruments too. All the other 7 were just fine. I am getting vague now, but, I remember some weird questions on that paper. I have downloaded the syllabus to see exactly where they fit in. Maybe they were all "kosher" but to assist with the resit I need to try and work out where I went wrong. I missed by 1 question I reckon so it would be great to rubbish one of their official answers!! Not that they publish them.
I didn't sit at Glasgow so cannot say that bagpipes were a distraction but they were hard enough without that racket.

Who remembers what from instruments then?