PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!!

joserjetdriver
6th Mar 2003, 15:13
I finally, after waiting since august, have been given a class date. What a wait...

Class is for Dirrect Entry F/O North America...

BritishGuy
6th Mar 2003, 17:33
Yo Big Boy, hope you perform will and good luck with the interview. Hope all goes well. Do you mind sharing what kinda experience you hold (hours, types etc) Thanks. Gives the rest of us a tad (I did say a tad!) bit of hope!

joserjetdriver
6th Mar 2003, 21:07
What I mean is I start training in May....I interviewed already back in August...

As for my background nothing out of this world.....7700 total, 5700 turbine, 1200 in the 75/76, 2400 in the md-83, 1600 in the 737 and the remainder in lear 35/55.... 37 years old, some long haul experience, over the atlantic....former us airways and avianca driver....

sim and interview were pretty straight forward....no surprises or tricks....

good luck to all....:D

Captnhappy
7th Mar 2003, 11:20
Hey Mr. joserjet driver
First of all
Congrats!!
From your other posts you said that out of the 8 that interviewed in August they only hired 2, so now do you need to change that to 3 out of 8 or were you in a different class.
Also i believe comming from "Cathay " themselves all North American "FO's" were going to the 747-400, and the European Based "FO's" were going to the 747-200.
Now as you said youre going to the "200" does that mean you will be going to possibly European Based. you might want to check.
Also did they give you a reason for the "indefinate" wait before the offer, was it medical or back ground check! I know with me i lost two weeks because of a preexisting medical condition before they gave me the 2nd interview date!
But anyway CONGRATS!! Again you've won the Lottery!

Cheers!
CHP:D

330 Man
7th Mar 2003, 14:13
Hey joserjetdriver,
please check your pm's and congrats on the job!:)

joserjetdriver
7th Mar 2003, 17:21
i interviewed for 747-400 north america base, first in june, second interview august....was offered the job 6 days later. Out of 8 that interviewed two of us were hired. We were told that we would begin training early 2003, but due to world events and uncertainty of war, class was postponed until may....

:confused:

Captnhappy
8th Mar 2003, 09:53
Just Curious..........

what do you plan to do when the Union's plan for "J4J" is finally
worked out and all those guy's like your self and similar senority
star filling the right seat of the RJ's ........are you planing on returning.....or taking a leave of absents from CX?...no offence ment or implied it just seems like a fare question....As for me after 14 years at airways and being furloughed 3 times (in the last 10 yrs!!) you can stick a folk in me I'M DONE!!!! when they closed Metro Jet thats when i said its OVER!!!!
If Cathay or any other foriegn carrier says "come" i'm there....
never again will i work for a US carrier or have anything to do with ALPA!!!!!

anyway
Congrats again and have fun!!

ps i was a guppie capt. at "Tomato Jet" BWI.

joserjetdriver
8th Mar 2003, 12:24
i am resigning from us airways....there is no way I will come back to AAA...can you imagine? By the time J4J gets to me I will probably be sitting in the left seat of a 74...leave that to sit in an RJ?????? AND with the looming possibility of anothe furlough??

NO THANKS...Cathay is for me.....it will be my third, and final, major/global airline.........

330 Man
8th Mar 2003, 17:27
Hey Captnhappy and Joserjetdriver:
I was a LRI at tomato jet from the beginning to the end at both BWI and IAD. Maybe we spent time with a pint together. I would leave U in a heartbeat also. I am done w/ ALPA. It is only a $200 a month magazine subscription as far as I am concerned. Take my retirement and then let me "buy" a leather jacket for $400. Go figure. If I could go to cathay I would gladly burn my alpa card and hoist a pint in celebration. Good luck to all!

Cpt. Underpants
9th Mar 2003, 00:19
To those who have found employment, congratulations. To swear off any industrial representation is crass stupity. You have NO idea what you're letting yourself into. DT, NR et al are rubbing their hands together with glee at your impending arrival. You WILL be done six ways from Sunday, no grease for you, lads. The "rogering" you'll get (eventually) will make a stint in the US prison system seem mild.

"capt"Happy, it's Leave Of ABSENCE and if you think for a minute that CXF will hire you while you retain a seniority in your previous company, think again...

Captnhappy
9th Mar 2003, 09:35
Sir Respectfully
I believe that either your didn't read my post carefully or the written word is difficult for you to comprehend.
No where in my post's did i ever mention that i was on a leave of absents or that i had (have) retained my or any sebiority # from
U or (ANY) Airline.....my phrase was "stick a folk in me I'm done"
which is "American slang" for it's over,....it's finished.....I'm Out-A-Here!!! Yes i have resigned my My Command , My Job, AND my ALPA MEMBERSHIP!!!!
Never again!!!to be subjected to the whims of such unscrupulous men. (What you are experiencing at your carrier pales in comparision to the utter "canibalisation" that is going on here).
After 25 years as an "Airline Pilot" i really don't have too many expectations any more, other than to do my best and if i am what they are looking for, and they like me.........Then!........I'll gladly come over.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!
CHP:D

jumpingdoc
15th Mar 2003, 17:39
Hey there Joser. Finally...congrats.
I will give you a call one of these days.
Z:}

Wizofoz
15th Mar 2003, 22:48
Cpt Underpants,

If you believe what you have written, you must agree it is extremely immoral for the HKAOA to refuse membership to new hires who obviously require industrial representation.

I guess the alternative will be for the new hires to form their own organisation.

Gee, the effectivness of the ban just gets better and better doesn't it?

Cpt. Underpants
15th Mar 2003, 23:38
Dear Wizzing Ozzie

I DO believe that the AOA's stance is incorrect wrt the new hires, and I DO believe that the AOA should be welcoming them with open arms. There are experienced, talented individuals amongst them who have a lot to offer. I will not treat any of them unprofessionally nor ignore their contribution to the safe operation of any of my flights.

Incontinent one, simply because I am a member of the AOA doesn't necessarily mean that I have to agree with all they do, but the majority opinion has to prevail...the basis of a democracy. Simply because things aren't going the way I would like to see doesn't mean that I will quit and leave my 53 wronged colleagues in the lurch.

However, to swear off any representation at all, as I have said more than once, is "crass stupidity". Lord alone knows how much further down the slippery slope of management abuse we would have been without the AOA.

Next?

shortly
16th Mar 2003, 05:41
Dear Capt. The reverse corollary to your final sentence is also moot.

up2high
18th Mar 2003, 03:40
Congrats Jet Driver. Do you know what kind of schedule you can expect to keep at Cathay. I m sure you've talked to some freighter guys from North America. How many days on and then off can you expect. What are the guaranteed days off provided. Is it true that you get 42 days of vacation right in the beginning. Look fwd to your reply. Congrats again.