PDA

View Full Version : Chicago and surroundings

ShenziRubani
6th Mar 2003, 13:17
Hi, any one living or working in the area? I am looking at possible flying jobs based in Chicago or around. Cheques, freight, regional, etc...).
Any information will be super welcome.
Thanx

Tandemrotor
4th Apr 2003, 06:32
Hi, coming to Chicago for a nightstop. I know this may not be the correct forum, but any good ideas for a good night out?

weasil
10th Apr 2003, 23:28
Go and see a show at Second City!
The funniest club in the country. It's the place where Jim Belushi, Dan akroyd etc.. got their start.

mrvmo
11th Apr 2003, 22:10
First stop at Lou Malnatti's for some deep dish pizza and then get in a cab and tell him to take you down to Rush and Division for some great nitelife. You could spend a week just eating and drinking here. Lots of other things to see and do, especially in the summertime.

T_richard
11th Apr 2003, 23:07
I got a fiver that says you won't wanna leave once you get there. Chicago in the summer is amazing, the pond right there, Museum of Science and Industry, The Art Institute, Rush Street, the Jazz clubs, I love The Kingston Mines. One word of warning, stay off streets near Lake Michigan in winter unless you have an ankle lenght fur coat. I swear that is the coldest place in North America. I'm probably wrong but it is f**king cold and I'm from New England. You'll love Chi-town

OFBSLF
3rd May 2003, 01:32
I grew up in Chicago (Evanston, actually) but now live in Boston. Chicago weather is much worse the Boston. Colder in the winter, hotter and more humid in the summer. Personally, I hate the place and avoid whenever possible.

B767300ER
3rd May 2003, 02:52
Rush & Division streets are good for nightlife, and even the chain of "Uno's Pizza" has good deep-dish pizza.

Also, the ESPN Fan Zone restaruant/bar downtown has great food and atmosphere.

There's also this place called "Cheli's Chili" on Madison, I think, that is a hockey player's own place; serves good chili in a breadbowl.