GRONINGEN 1 x daily
LEIPZIG 1 x daily
OSTEND 1 x daily
PALERMO 1 x daily
RODEZ 1 x daily

twice daily Blackpool????????????

Buster the Bear
6th Mar 2003, 13:10
Using slots gained at Stansted via the purchase of Buzz?

With disruption of the west coast railway due later this year, Blackpool might be a good route.

http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/misc/eek2.gif

Hooligan Bill
6th Mar 2003, 14:03
Also Virgin Trains have either already or are in the process of dropping the direct Blackpool/London service. This once again means a change to/from a local service at Preston or Manchester.

MerchantVenturer
6th Mar 2003, 16:11
If FR can succeed on the Stansted-Newquay daily 12 months of the year rotation, I would have thought that Blackpool would be a piece of cake, even with two returns a day.

I thought FR was mad to start STN-NQY but it seems to be working out ok.

Buster the Bear
6th Mar 2003, 21:00
I cannot wait to fly up there! Only place I know that puts gravy on ya chips! Now I can visit for the day, ride on the trams, swim in the sea, eat candy floss and cr@p myself on the pleasure beach and all thanks to the slots acquired by the take over of Buzz.

Now If I was a Buzz bear, I would be VERY hacked off with KLM!

Small Pilot
7th Mar 2003, 08:46
I'd be interested to see if the Ostend route works? Used it years ago out of Southend when BAF/Air UK ran it with a Herald. Took about 25mins if I remember. I still enjoy a trip over in the Summer in a club aircraft - are FR going to go like me - VFR at 2500' ? ! Surprised it's not meen marketed as Brussels(west)!

Wycombe
7th Mar 2003, 12:09
...or Bruges (makes a nice day trip having parked the puddlejumper at EBOS)

Smoketrails
7th Mar 2003, 14:07
And what about Maastricht? From the 30th of April they will be operating here too! Bruges is Ryanair's targetcity.

gremlyn
7th Mar 2003, 15:00
Buster - remember, at Blackpool you can't swim in the sea: ya just go through the motions...

Fuji-san
8th Mar 2003, 10:22
Anyone noticed the BERGERAC has mysteriously disappeared overnight.

Rhoada Gorrocks