PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair - Booking Conditions question

MerchantVenturer
5th Mar 2003, 21:17
Can anyone in the industry point me in the right direction regarding the following query?

I have never flown with Ryanair because my wife is very reluctant to use them having heard horror stories, not safety-related I hasten to add, about this airline. However, I am trying to encourage her to at least try a short hop to Dublin and I have perused the Ryanair website.

In the Terms and Conditions section it is stated, inter alia, “Passengers who book well in advance should reconfirm the outward/return flights between 24 hours and 72 hours prior to departure.”

The expression, “well in advance” is nebulous. Does it mean a week, a month, three months, six months or what? I would appreciate any constructive suggestions. Thank you to any respondents.

refjohn
6th Mar 2003, 07:08
Be more concerned about this if you book flights around the start / end of the summer / winter schedule. I fly with them regularly and never reconfirm. Ryanair tend to be late in changing schedules on their booking engine, so a quick phonecall may be needed to ensure the flight time has not changed.

John

Celtic Emerald
6th Mar 2003, 17:38
I've flown many times with FR & I've never had a problem & there pilots are the sweetest gentlemen you could find. Don't believe everything you hear but if I ever do experience a prob you'se will be the first to know, believe you me. Don't they send flight changes to peoples email addresses if customers supply them with one?

So FR keep up the good work & stay on your toes!

Emerald