PDA

View Full Version : European's Jumbos

FormerFlyer
4th Mar 2003, 23:00
I am very seriously considering booking to SYD with European in their "Deluxe" class- 50" pitch, personal TV etc.

At £1249 it's a great fare for a decent seat all the way there. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience of European's bigger planes, and esp. their bigger seats. Do you reckon it's worth £1249? It's over £300 less than Brunei would be to BNE - or am I doing silly penny-pinching here?

Have flown with them before but on their old 73s to KTT a few weeks back - was good enough for a ski charter.

cheers

FF ;)

bealine
5th Mar 2003, 08:05
I don't know...........but one of their 747's was good enough for the Formula One team last year!

:D

CandyBender
5th Mar 2003, 15:56
The EAAC 747s are configured with 22 BA "Cradle seats" in A zone forward of doors 1 in the same layout as when they were with BA on the 2 class LGW routes. I'm guessing here but I think the Club cabin still has the old style 8 channel Sony video system fitted.

FormerFlyer
5th Mar 2003, 17:52
Oh that's really handy info.

I know exactly what the cradle seats are like - I thought European may have put their own stuff in but then again why spend the extra money when the seats in there are OK as they are?!

cheers

FF :O