View Full Version : Remarkable Cabin Service. Or is it?

guy
4th Mar 2003, 13:51
:eek: Last 2 weeks, I had flown from San Francisco to Las Vegas by United. Sydney to Brisbane by Qantas and Singapore to Penang by Singapore. All 3 flights had just over 1 hour duration.

UA: 1 can of soda + 1 packet of chips. Cabin service: non-existent. Cabin crew busy chatting with one another. Indifferent to pax and rude. (Why give no-frills service and charge normal fares!!!) Plane 30 min late.

QF: box of sandwich + tea & coffee. Mediocre service but crew were pleasant. 40 min late

SQ: Full lunch with hot meal.Cold and hot drinks. Extremely attentive crew. Charming, polite, professional. Plane arrived early.

Now, no wonder UA is a loser. I should dump all my UA shares.

jmccrew
5th Mar 2003, 17:06
A hot meal and drinks plus inflight sales are the norm on a uk charter flight to ski destinations in europe ..... and for half the price you must have paid .

Dispatcher
5th Mar 2003, 20:27
not for long jmccrew !!!

things seems to be going very americanised in the cabin, especially reference food !!!!

jmccrew
7th Mar 2003, 17:52
was not aware we were about to change ????? currant spec

Dispatcher
7th Mar 2003, 21:13
sorry !!!

i meant in time, generally, not specifically jmc or an airline !!

i think all airlines are gonna struggle over the next year, and service levels are gonna drop a few notches...not a fun place to be working in fr a while i guess.

sorry for the confusion !