View Full Version : BA Final Board 22nd August

InGroundEffect
24th Aug 2001, 16:56
For those 5 PPRUNERs who were with me at the BA Final Board on Wednesday, I've had THE call this morning. Has anyone else heard anything yet? I've now got medicals booked for 14th Sept and assuming I pass that, the word is Michigan in January. I'll get my winter coat and mittens.

I can't quite believe that I've finally got through, after so many years trying. I was shaking when I got the message and now can't stop grinning.

Hope you all get good news soon.

ppruned partner
24th Aug 2001, 21:28
Congratulations!!
Well done, bet you are still smiling tomorrow. Wait for the facial cramps to set in!
I plan to be going through the BA application procedure again soon, and wonder if you'd mind letting me know how long it took you this time.
Thanks in advance,
off to the pub for you I think! :D

InGroundEffect
25th Aug 2001, 20:12
I wouldn't take my example as typical. It's taken 6 months to get through the process - I applied back in February. But I had problems with my colour perception, or rather lack of colour perception, in the GP's medical, which took a while to sort out.

Good luck with your application.

Flying Dr
27th Aug 2001, 21:35
well done ground effect-
currently out in michigan just now-youll land on your feet if you end up here-email me and ill give you the lowdown- good luck on the medical!!

needspeed10
28th Aug 2001, 23:18
InGroundEffect,
If you do make it out to Michigan I recommend buying a Ford Probe to get you around. They are fantastic and reliable cars and can be obtained for very reasonable prices from the leaving students. ;)
Needspeed10 :)

747-436
29th Aug 2001, 22:08
Well Done, I hope to be in your position next year. just got to finish Final year at uni. Will apply to Big Airways Sometime around March I guess

eeper
29th Aug 2001, 22:39
Congratulations mate - the smile will never really fade!

I'd recommend keeping the acceptance letter. When you're halfway thru the course, in the depths of a Michigan Winter and exams round the corner you'll find it gives you an extra kick to keep going when you remember how you felt when it arrived. Works for early reports too...

sloany
29th Aug 2001, 23:48
Good effort and congrats. I am starting at Oxford in November and have the medical next week. Looks like we could be getting to the tarmack around the same time at Gatwick. See you there and enjoy the feeling!
Sloany

InGroundEffect
30th Aug 2001, 00:17
Thanks guys. I'm just waiting to get through the medical and to finally have that offer letter in my hands. I'll frame it, eeper.

Needspeed10, you won't happen to be leaving just before I arrive and have a Ford Probe to sell?

Sloany, you must have got one of the last places on Oxford then, as they had only just filled when I did my final board. Have a great time and I'll see you at check-in
sometime.

tom_82
30th Aug 2001, 05:40
Well done.
Thats fantastic.
I myself will be applying for the scheme early next year as I finish my uni degree in Sydney at the end of next year.
Good luck for it all.