PDA

View Full Version : Michael O'Leary's Taxi....!

Lee-a-Roady Moor
3rd Mar 2003, 20:28
Oh dear, perhaps it's all become too much for Michael.

According to media reports, MOL has purchased a taxi plate for his Merc...........

Is this the start of a new venture? Low cost taxi's feeding his various hubs? Hmmm..........

Okay so, maybe not, apparently it's an attempt to beat the traffic gridlock by driving in the bus lanes (as taxi's in Dublin are allowed to do).:)

JB007
3rd Mar 2003, 21:28
Heard about this today - it's cost him 4000 Euros!

Talk about an ego trip - does this guy think he's completley untouchable...the next Jeffrey Archer I reckon!!!

WHBM
4th Mar 2003, 07:39
Maybe the police will stop him in the bus lane one morning, ask to see his ID, say his photo-ID is not to their standards and therefore invalid, and confiscate his permit. And NO refunds!

Onan the Clumsy
4th Mar 2003, 14:25
I heard that if he's empty and someone hails him, he has to stop for them.

It's not just common sense...it's the law!

MerchantVenturer
4th Mar 2003, 16:27
Perhaps MOL knows something about FR that we don't and is making sure he's got a job to go to. :)

Lee-a-Roady Moor
4th Mar 2003, 22:20
In keeping with FR policy of not flying to main airports, latest reports are that if you hail MOL's taxi and ask to be taken to Dublin airport, you're likely to be brought to O'Connell Street and told to get a bus from there..............;) ;)

thedude
5th Mar 2003, 08:49
Rules have always been, for those, who are of less importance to society! Or is it the poor, I can never remember.

Some people are just a legend in their own mind!:cool: