PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day For Groundstar

Alan Tracey
3rd Mar 2003, 20:16
Groundstar got off to a bad start on their first day at LGW.

All 3 (!!!!) Monarch flts delayed........DOH!

cargosales
4th Mar 2003, 12:35
Hardly surprising considering their track record at STN

Over an hour and a half for bags to come through :mad: :mad:

redfield
4th Mar 2003, 20:33
Reminds me of the day Groundstar took over the contract at Newcastle. They had the steps up at the aircraft door in exactly the right position, all ready for the fastest most efficient disembarkation ever. Then the cabin crew opened the a/c door and it landed on top of the steps. DOH! Admittedly a handling agent will make mistakes when starting a new handling contract, but this took the chocolate hobnob!:mad:

Buggs Bunny
4th Mar 2003, 21:47
Any one know how they got on at MAN with the cutover on the JMC contract.

Also how did MYT get on self handling??

Would be interested to know as it could change life as we know it...Jim.

Touch'n'oops
12th Mar 2003, 16:00
The Groundstar crew at Stansted are the hardest working lads and lasses! I worked for six months with them as Pax agent and baggage handler.

The Pax agents/despatchers/baggage handlers have a lot of pride in getting a/c away ontime. Just sometimes sod's law kicks in.

As for bags taking a long time... I think you need to look at the sodding passengers who decide to pack 30Kg into one bag!!!! Try moving those all day. It also doesn't help that teams work short of men.

So give us a break!!!

Letsparty24/7
14th Mar 2003, 21:59
I hear that MYT handling at MAN has got off to a good start with no real problems. Reports from people who started there are all positive (apart from a few expected teething troubles).

For such a big change I can only see this developing further.

Watch this space folks!