View Full Version : Dubai expat. living

karatejack
3rd Mar 2003, 00:39
My family and I are considering a move to dubai and plan to stay for 10 or more years. Previous posted messages indicate Dubai a good place for short term placements, but how do people find living there for an extended period of time( 10 or more years). Also, previous threads ( Emirates, stay or go - Jan 15th-27th )mentioned some concern regarding their children attending high school in Dubai with out suggesting why.
Any insight ?

Many Thanks

Sandman
4th Mar 2003, 18:20
With regars to moving to DXB I think it is a good place for you to bring a young family as life is good here. If it is with EK then be careful when you sign up. Ask them why they have not honered the contracts of more than 30 pilots that joined last year and where they plan to put you for accom. Be aware there are a lot of unhappy campers here due to noise and the attitude of the accom dept. The seem to think tough sh*t on you if you dont like it lump it....... this goes for all accom in all areas. With the result that rest patterns are ruined and so fatigue is becomming an issue on the line...... just be sure what you area signing up for, a good job but not the best as they seem to think.
The ops side is well run as is the training dept. On the line the guys are good to fly with and the cabin crews are mostly very nice and even a good laugh at times.
The flying is a lot of night stuff but is varied and rostering are helpful.... so just be sure what your signing and try to get them to agree to honour their side of it

Warlock2000
5th Mar 2003, 22:54
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81983