PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Tony Ellerbeck
2nd Mar 2003, 17:13
Just a quick note to say "thank you" to all those, from ATC to the Heathrow Fire service, who made my last commercial flight on Friday so memorable.Grateful thanks to the bmi staff and special thanks to Pete Hewitt, Andrew Hill and Rachel!

Tony
:O :O :O
http://www.ellerbeck.net/images/fire engines final.jpg

PPRuNe Pop
2nd Mar 2003, 17:34
Do you know, it does my ol heart good to see that!

Happy retirement Tony.

PPP

corsaman
2nd Mar 2003, 17:36
No more earlies, you lucky duck! Enjoy yourself in whatever you get up to, and thanks for a lot of laughs during 90-96 in BFS. RC, ex FSM.;)

AlanM
2nd Mar 2003, 21:36
You lucky ******!!!!

We said goodbye at LHR to a controller of 38 years experience who was retiring in Friday also.

After handing his passes in we went to Wetherspoons in terminal 2 for a pint.

Shame really - I was all for watching him drive out the car park with a similar drenching!!

Good luck to you dear chap!

Little Blue
2nd Mar 2003, 21:57
Congrats, Tony.
I'd like to say that you won't be getting any more early morning calls from crewing, but your forgetting yr little Ops friends on the other side of the library. !
We'll try and ration it to one call a night !
It's been a pleasure to complete yr loadsheets,
mess you about in Crew Dispatch and screw up your slots !
See you soon, Mr E.

;)

witchdoctor
3rd Mar 2003, 14:40
Does that mean ther is a vacancy somewhere? ;)

The infernal optimist, WD

Dispatcher
3rd Mar 2003, 16:08
All the very best Tony, I'm sure we shall see you at some point with your binoculars on the perimeter road !

Cheers

sss
3rd Mar 2003, 16:41
thats an impressive way to go, good piccie as well

Son Of Piltdown
4th Mar 2003, 07:54
Nice one !

A good egg if ever there was one.

Now, about that sendoff . . .

Suppose we all got the water treatment:

Perhaps some kind of fountain outside the Queens Building?

bertha
5th Mar 2003, 08:48
You're one out of the top draw Tony, A credit to the profession! I only wish that I could have had the priviledge of flying with you.
All the very best for your retirement
Cam

Cakov
7th Mar 2003, 07:52
All the best Tony... I remember spending two hours holding over Teesside with you while some poor ****** tried to clear the runway with the snowclearing equivalent of a dustpan and brush! A great cockpit companion.

Enjoy! :ok:

Tony Ellerbeck
10th Mar 2003, 16:44
Many thanks to all for their kind comments and the private emails. One week on and I am really into withdrawal symptoms!

Tony

flyblue
10th Mar 2003, 17:07
Happy Retirement!

http://digilander.libero.it/doniuccia/faccine/Party/icon_stereo.gif

flappless
17th Mar 2003, 19:51
Tony,

Many congratulations and good luck in your retirement. You are one of the remaining few gentlemen in the business. I wish you all the best.

flappless

PPRuNe Pop
17th Mar 2003, 20:21
Tony, as one retiree to another. It doesn't hurt really. You have done the best thing - you have found PPRuNe. I did the same over 4 years ago and I haven't looked back. By golly it has grown since then and I doubt that it will ever stop growing.

Fun all the way. Well nearly all the way.

Keep the brain active, that's my secret.

Good luck.

PPP