View Full Version : Just Got This From Easyjet

Dantruck
2nd Mar 2003, 14:25
JUST GOT THIS FROM EASYJET

easyJet check-in desks will close 40 minutes before the scheduled
departure time of all flights from 1 March 2003, due to the
heightened security measures implemented throughout Europe. We
have made this change so that we can make all the relevant
security checks without delaying your flight.

We also recommend that you check in 2 hours before your flight
leaves, and then proceed immediately through security, so that
you arrive at the departure gate at least 30 minutes before your
departure time.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Departures Beckham
2nd Mar 2003, 22:03
Yes I can confirm that easyJet flights at STN were closing at -40; which is now also the policy of Ryanair. Ryanair's policy has been in place for a while now, but I think easyjet (yeah I couldn't be bothered to change the colour for that one) are following suit as a result of the increased queue's now that all coats have to pass through the x-rays.

The queue's can be pretty horrendous at times, but at least BAA are calling soon-to-depart passengers to the front.

bealine
3rd Mar 2003, 06:55
I can confirm similar policies at LGW. At British Airways, we're still closing long-haul at 60 mins before departure and short-haul and domestics at 30 mins before departure , but that means YOU must have completed check-in formalities by that time - including allowing sufficient time for queueing, arguing the toss over excess baggage etc.

If after checking-in so close to closure, you fail to make your way through the Security Queues and miss your flight, BA will not be held responsible!!!

On that subject, and on the old chestnut about not being seated together, the airline isn't stupid! The system time stamps all check-in transactions and issues a "Security Number" which you'll find printed in the corner of your Boarding Pass. This tells us the order in which check-in occurred. If your number is 137 and there are 137 on the flight - congratulations - you were the last to check in!!!

Whilst were talking about time of check in, Telephone Check-In or Internet Check In does NOT guarantee you will make the flight after closure time!!!

If you have hold baggage, we cannot accept it after STD (Scheduled Departure Time) minus 60 mins for long-haul or minus 30 mins for short haul, for the simple reason that it won't make the flight!. If you have hand-baggage only, STD minus 40 mins is the absolute latest for long-haul and STD minus 20 mins for short-haul. Even if you are Internet or Telephone checked-in, you will be refused travel outside of these parameters!

(There are othr reasons beyond security, queues etc - one being the onloading of "Waitlisted" passengers is done at flight closure and it may be your seat we've allocated to a "Waitlist" passenger! Once we've sent their bags to the aircraft and them to the gate, there's no way we're going to offload them again!!!)

So, please, allow sufficient time - there's nothing worse than stressing yourself out unnecessarily and - even if you do make it - stepping across the aircraft coaming all hot and sweaty!

For once. I grudgingly admire Easyjet for actually bothering to inform their customers!
:=