PDA

View Full Version : I can not find a message regarding wap phone

jhonkel
1st Mar 2003, 08:04
Dear Sirs,

I saw a message which is related aviation weather with wap phone. But when I come back, I can not find that message to have url.

Any idea where can I find that

Notso Fantastic
1st Mar 2003, 08:25
Why not try QUESTIONS? This is Reporting Points for items of NEWS.

BOAC
1st Mar 2003, 09:33
A post on 25/2 was 'quarantined' as it contained a URL which linked to a commercial site. Try contacting one of this forum's moderators if you need more information. There is also a thread here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79286&highlight=wap)

To reinforce 'Sick Squid's' comments below, 'jhonkel', Pprune itself has an EXCELLENT function entitled 'Search' (http://www.pprune.org/forums/search.php?s=) and if you were to type 'wap' (or any other query) into that in future, you can see all the other threads about it.

Sick Squid
1st Mar 2003, 10:13
BOAC is correct. A/ the site was a plug for a commercial website and B/ this forums is for Rumours and News pertaining to the life and work of Professional Airline pilots. Within that sometimes blurry editorial brief we try to do our best to keep the forum topical, depsite people posting their item or query in what is simply the first forum they spot. The post failed the litmus test on both counts and was moved to our Administration forum.

I would humbly suggest in this case that a Google search would be as good a way as any.. indeed it worked for me a couple of years back when I had the same query.

As a broader discussion of the issues raised here, whilst it would be ideal if we could provide everyone whose post was moved with a reason why, we simply do not have the time on a website of this size. Speaking for myself if a thread is obviously borderline, or of relevant interest without meeting the brief for a particular, I move it with a link. If it is obviously someone who has posted in simply the first forum they came to, or is attempting maximum exposure in minimum time off the headline nature of RP, then I'll move it without a link, to avoid cluttering up the forum as much as possible. Other RP moderators, and Danny is the lead on that forum, have a similar MO

When people sign up, there is a statement provided from PPRuNe that must be agreed to, and we also issue an FAQ for the site to help people get the most from it with the minimum amount of hassle possible. The agreement is essentially the "contract" between the members and admins/moderators, and we do our best to keep our side as transparently as we can.

We would be helped enormously by the following simple acts:
Members thinking where they placed posts before posting, and choosing the most relevant forum themselves.

Members actually taking the time to read the FAQ; it covers approximately 80% of the emails we receive at the admin mailbox.

Members not placing multiple posts in different forums which then get bounced around as moderators attempt to place them in more relevant forums.

The lack of linking to obviously commercial websites despite their apparent relevance; that effectively piggy-backs the popularity of the site, and lends "editorial" credence to what is essentially an unpaid advert.

The moderators of the site are a disparate group spread across the globe all helping out in their spare time. Within those constraints, they do the best job possible without malice.. sometimes we don't get it right, but more often than not we do, I feel.

Squid

Now I'm moving this to Computers and Internet, but will leave a link because editorially I think there is a benefit will come from that in this case...