View Full Version : Eagle Air Interviewing Part Two

the maori mobster
1st Mar 2003, 05:24
Well Boys girls and the bros lets get Part two up and kicking.

i think i missed out on the last lot of interviews. fresh cpl and 250 hrs? what gives? i bet its the colour of my shoes?

pantyripper
1st Mar 2003, 05:39
Anyone feel free to give any relevant info in regards to eagle interviews. Cheers Scud I looked at your info you had on the previous post. what about other relevant stuff, such as employee numbers, management names, company history, etc. It may seem ilrelevant to some but I would like to be prepared. Also what are some good questions that I could ask at the interview?

Split Flap
2nd Mar 2003, 00:06
They seem to be asking a lot of questions on the 1900, type of engines, fuel burn, Avionics gear.

What is an EADI?
What is an EHSI?
What is TCAS?
They have been know to produce an approach plate and ask questions on it, which way would you circle for XX runway, when would you require an alternate etc etc. If you study the planning manual IFR procedures, get some information off the web about a 1900, find out a little about the company you should be in fairly good shape.
They seem to be fairly up and down with their requirments at the moment so cant help you there.

Maori Mobster,

Perhaps you should send some Koha with your next update, maybe a sack of kumara will persuade uncle bully to invite you along for a koreru so you can tell him how much you want to fly one of his flash sky waka's. Too much bro!
;)

pantyripper
2nd Mar 2003, 01:39
seems pretty straight forward, does anyone know of any trans tasman differences in ifr proceedures?

the maori mobster
3rd Mar 2003, 04:50
cheer split flap

at the moment i have some kamo kamo growing in the hydro lab along with some other natural vegetation. i'll have to get a big box to send it down in. back of the holden me thinks.

what is ehsi and eadi? i don't think i have any cuzzies by that name?

and tcas is the wahina next door coz she is t-cuzzie aye!!!:D

ah well bttter get back to the little waka, just starting the instrument flying. choice bro.

always inverted
4th Mar 2003, 03:05
HMMMMMMM,

Where does one go with just under 850 hrs TT and 230 hrs multi, just over 100 hrs IFR.

What are eagles general requirements ?

flyby_kiwi
4th Mar 2003, 05:32
always inverted; Not sure of the Eagle requirements but if your looking for a change of scenery Mailand Air are looking for someone with your time.

Dances_With_Clouds
4th Mar 2003, 07:14
Always Inverted,

Eagle are currently setting their limits at 1500 TT, 250 - 500 multi, 50 night. Although they are interviewing some with less TT.

You may want to send a CV to Sunair or Air Napier, chances are they will be looking for someone with your experience in the next few months. No guarantees tho.

Good Luck

always inverted
5th Mar 2003, 05:23
leathalweapon,
I do enjoy the flying that I do, but I need more and don't want to instruct.
I am flying single pilot IFR in the only Aerostar 600 in the country for a man who owns a physics engineering company, the flying tho is not consistant.
The good thing about it is the garmin 430- fully tso'd gps

Borneo Wild Man
5th Mar 2003, 08:20
Hey inverted,your boss wouldnt like to hire that aerostar out to me and a mate for the round NZ airrace next year?
Cold hard cash talks maybe!

somyungi
8th Mar 2003, 19:53
Hey Pantyripper

with regard to having to ask the forum " any good questions to ask eagle at the interveiw"

Possably best to think of some yourself as they may be able to see through the common automated questions they hear once every two hours.

If you genuinely want to become a Co at eagle then i'm sure you have many questions.

Sorry about the spelling, this is why i don't have a real job

Sharfted Groundhog
9th Mar 2003, 19:40
Inverted; dont' get trapped in the 'too many hours doing single pilot'. Some operators look at it being bad in that you won't be able to fly two-pilot after doing it all yourself fo so long.....

advice for what it's worth.....

I know one of your predecessors and he couldn't get hired by anyone other than the CAA! Don't know if that was the person or the hours (or a combination of both!)

always inverted
10th Mar 2003, 05:27
Shafted Groundhog,
have had the pleasure of doing about 70 hours with him. Have to say, he did know how to fly that plane, taught me heaps.

What would you suggest then ???

Sharfted Groundhog
10th Mar 2003, 19:08
I suppose that depends on whether or not you want to end up working for the CAA! :rolleyes: :D

I'd probably suggest getting enough time to meet their (the airlines) requirements but getting out as soon as you can! Don't get stuck in the rut and end up with a similar attitude to your predecessor because from what I understand, that didn't help him either! Make sure you keep up to date with 2 pilot routines as much as you can....

Every pilot is different and everyone want something different out of life. Keep your goals in focus and do everything you can to move ahead. If it means buying a type rating, do it! If it means moving, go! Keep selling yourself and keep yourself in everyone's faces. I'd also suggest keeping your resume updated at places like Freedom.... whos to say you can't skip the queue? They are screaming for pilots and I don't even think you need to buy the rating anymore..... food for thought! Also; use any contact you can!

manamana
16th Mar 2003, 23:14
Hey Inverted, let me know when you get a job, I'll gladly have your old one.
I am seriously struggling to find work with 1650 TT, 460 multi +100 IFR. Too much time for some, not enough for others.:mad:

Good luck with Eagle though. Sunair is supposedly looking now, but they had interviews way back in November, with (as far as I know) nobody taken on yet.

Anyone got any advice or ideas for me? My flying experience is mostly from Africa, so I don't know too much about the NZ industry.
:confused:

CT7
18th Mar 2003, 07:48
Keep updating with Air Nelson as well!

And yes you still fork over the $$ for a rating with Freedom.

lethalweapon
18th Mar 2003, 23:20
Sharfted Groundhog -

I know that person your talking about that went to NZCAA.
From what I heard, the NZCAA head hunted him because of his industry experience, he wasn't really interested in an Airline job.

My view is that NZCAA need more like him, ( from the real world )

Inverted -

You can take advise from some people, but be carefull some advise will not be in your interests in the long term.

Carry on with what your doing, remember there are no shortcuts.
It will come your way, good luck.

Sharfted Groundhog
19th Mar 2003, 19:36
My apologies then.... you obviously know more about the situation than I do - which wouldn't be difficult!

Totally agree with your advice to Inverted as well. Everyone is different, and you can only do your best.

Barbers Pole
21st Mar 2003, 21:35
Heard a whisper that the fleet captains job may have become vacant at Eagle rather suddenly?

SepsOff
3rd Apr 2003, 17:00
Just been filled, in-house.

Dances_With_Clouds
9th Apr 2003, 16:54
Another 10 people are up for interviews (got their calls on Tuesday for interviews on the 28 April).

Apparently there are 7 positions to be filled.

Looks like there is going to be a few more jobs in G.A. come available soon for those of you looking for that multi break.

pantyripper
9th Apr 2003, 17:44
Can someone tell me what type of sim they use for the ifr check, and what to expect/practice. is it a traditional synthetic trainer? What is this "group session" all about? Anything else one should be aware of?
any help most appreciated!
rip panties!

Girt_bar
9th Apr 2003, 17:46
Any idea on the background of the hopefuls? i.e instructors or third level airlines

nike
10th Apr 2003, 14:30
p ripper- "group session" ????

Are you sure you are talking about Eagle??

if true, it wont be long before it becomes a three day process?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

where has this movement come from?

pre-emptive or post progression?

Sqwark2000
11th Apr 2003, 06:05
Nike....

That day has come.... persons who are on the next round have been told 1 day - Interview, 1 day - AST-300 Sim, 1 day - Group session. Not necessarily in that order.

First time I've heard of the group session, I wonder if the process is the going the same way as the Air NZ International process.

I attended a an Air NZ interview for a ground position years ago and even for that job, group sessions, logic & psych testing was all conducted by a personnel recruitment agency.

Girt_bar: Two, that I know of, are from GA scheduled ops from North Is.

Good luck y'all

S2K

PS: Did the Maori mobster get an interview??? He should have his shiny new CPL by now and probably changed the colour of his shoes as well. Might even have a 'Koru' tattooed on his left cheek to show loyalty to the national waka

Don't go shooting up the town if you missed out MM

the maori mobster
11th Apr 2003, 12:08
the mobster has hit the tui factory with a storm and got himself an interview

what do they want to see from the little bro from the east coast. if it has anything to do with beer, the treaty of waitangi and indoor home gardening i can answer. what other stuff would they ask?

well i've done that multi ifr stuff. that's why i have been so quiet. bean studying.

hey sqwark2000 you said something about a sim ride. we have one of those sims at massey. i could tag it, or convert it into a hydropnic garden if you wanted, aye!

and a group session? a group session of what? seeing who can smoke the longest? who can drink the most tui's in one sitting? who caught the biggest fish? who can drink and smoke at the same time?

what's in a group session? sounds rather dodgie to me bro;)

oh well better go and start studying up on the treaty stuff again, might come in handy:)

masseygrad
11th Apr 2003, 14:51
Apologies for going off topic, but...
..just for the record, the maori mobster is clearly not from Massey.
Perhaps the maori mobster is from a rival training organization?

Mobster, who were the last 6 lecturers that you had at Massey? And for what papers? Must say that I like your sense of humour though.

NoseGear
11th Apr 2003, 17:51
Masseygrad, mate, its a wind up, a W-I-N-D-U-P....... get it?

Geez, no wonder you guys have a bad rep, no sense of humour at all! (re-read your own post, then tell me I'm wrong). Couldn't have folks thinking that MM works for the mighty Massey now could we......guess you didn't get a call on Tuesday then?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

the maori mobster
12th Apr 2003, 11:31
masseygrad

oh bro;) if you come around my house we give you a good dancing on.

for your information my last instructor was justin case and he taught me hydro ponics at 35,000ft, and in the afternoon i had justin time for crosswords at 24,000ft.

why would i go to another rival training instill...... instition..... another training school when i can get cheap hussies at massey;)

by the way i heard that two bros from sunny air in tauranga got an interview as well as me. maybe they could pass me some info on the interview?

nosegear i heard of you bro. you pretty cool........

you need a 737 rating to work for eagle aye? massey does those i hear......

massey is the best

:)

CI300
12th Apr 2003, 18:14
Hey Mobster, are u the fulla that bought my landrover for gardening up on the back block ??? You havnt changed the papers yet. ;)

Mass grad, humour.

Split Flap
14th Apr 2003, 05:00
Mobster,

Remember to take some of auntie Matawai's Pork and Poha (not the electric poha though aye bro) to the interveiw and maybe some mutton birds (you can pick some up on your next cross country to Great Barrier). That will be sure to impress them heaps wicked and thens you will get the too much flash job cuz!
Be sure to dazzle them with all the fantastic knowledge that Massey has instilled in you, they train you to be an airline pilot remember, so the interveiw will be a walk in the park!
Am surprised that Massey grad's even bother with Eagle, I thought you went straight from Massey onto a jet?

:ok:

kavu
14th Apr 2003, 09:07
Mobster

Pheeeew bro. Congrads on the interview cuz. Uncile Bully told me the other day when we were out in the bush watering the plants. (nearly ready bro)

Hes going to be so proud of when you start flying those flash as white whakas around the air bro. Told me you were going to buy him a huge as 53inch whapa vision, with sky and everything when you start earning the big money. Cheeeer bro.

Auntie Matawai wants me to go and start training at that Massey place like you cuz, but I dont know about that masseygrad guy bro, think he should have taken that humour 101 paper aye bro.

Any way cuz, good luck. Uncile Bully and auntie Matawai have got a huage as hungi with lots of Tui waiting for you down here at the Black Rock. So you better get down here with your flash as Uniform bro.

Kia kaha.

the maori mobster
14th Apr 2003, 09:34
kavu

cheer:) not too many fellas around that come across another vege garden and don't steal. respect to the man!!!!!!

my bro's back on the coast would think nothing of taking a little something for the way home, since the only kfc shop is about 4 hours drive away.

auntie matawai, i thinks me better warn you about her. just before i left for the big smoke she took me aside and tried it on. all i can say is she had a big hairy tongue.

i have been studying up on the massey indoctrination stuff that they gave to me when i joined massey. all the guff about massey is the one and only school.... from ppl to air new zealand in a couple of years........ our students have gone on to highly paid overseas jet jobs............. we are the best............

i think i stand a pretty good chance at this interview, it's a sure thing!!!!

for the record i don't really want to travel too far from home at the moment. i'm just finishing up the season and need to get the crops ready for next year.

better go cos i have to take the cosby kids to the swimming pool

:E

NoseGear
14th Apr 2003, 10:04
Kavu, MM, Split Flap

You Fullas are tu meke! I thought I was the only waka warrior in the sky aye? But it makes my little wharenui fill with pride to see you young mokopuna coming thru and carrying on the tradition.
I tried to take those Cosby's swimming last night aye? But those ungrateful little bugg@rs didn't even get into the pool! Makes my eyes water bro! Having a hangi for my Iwi when I'm back in Aotearoa aye bro, bring your own pork and poha, and don't touch my wahine aye? You got's to bring your own one of those too! Tell Auntie Matawai and Uncle Bully not to touch my babies anymore!!!!!!!!

cheeer bros

Kaka te:ok:

KiwiNewbie
14th Apr 2003, 14:43
come on Split Flap, can't we leave "my school's better than your school" in the yard where it belongs? :rolleyes:

I really enjoyed my days at Massey, and I found taking the ground school subjects way beyond ATPL level to be very useful on the job. And you're right, it makes the interviews easier too.

So pull your head in before you bag what you know nothing about.

Good luck Maori Mobster you'll be paddling that sky waka in no time.

NoseGear
14th Apr 2003, 20:12
Kiwinewbie,

The subject of Massey came up from one of your own. It was his prissy little post that inspired a little p!$$ taking. I might ask why masseygrad thought that MM was "clearly not from Massey", but that is getting into territory that you or he does not want to cross into. You lot do seem to be pretty sensitive to any sort of critisism. Your post is a good example. I will give you another one. A few years ago when I was in GA we recieved an application from a Massey student. It stated that He/She (we received 2, both the same apart from the name at the top) was enrolled in a world class course designed to produce top class airline pilots. It went on to say that the course ran on a process of self-selection and out of 40 odd students who had begun the course, only 10 remained as the others were mentally and physically unable to handle the rigors of the course (Intimating that these remaining individuals were obviously superior, but they had yet to finish the course themselves). This individual did not even have a CPL or instrument rating yet, but at the end of this asked as to the advisability of doing a 737 rating. I know lots of folks who went to Massey, and they are good people, but things like this don't help your reputation. The general perception in the industry is this, like it or not:
Hi, I'm from Massey, wheres my job?":=

Nosey

Split Flap
15th Apr 2003, 07:47
Pull my head in? Gladly.

Just wish some of those Massey chaps would pull theirs out of the sand.

KiwiNewbie
15th Apr 2003, 13:23
OK Split Flap, well it sounds like you're speaking from personal experience with some genuine turkeys, so if I lumped you in with the usual ill-informed Massey baggers around here then I apologise. As for wishing some of them would pull their heads out of the sand, I couldn't agree more.

Nosegear: P1sstake away! :-) I'm not the least bit sensitive about Massey. If your facts are accurate then let it rip. At least it makes for more informed discussion than the usual ignorant Massey bashing. Don't take me for some masked massey avenger, I've got my fair share of gripes with them same as many ex students. It's just the endless inference that all ex-Massey pilots are starry-eyed blowhards that bugs me - just one of the unexpected 'benefits' of studying there I guess :rolleyes:

10 graduating out of 40 is fairly typical. 6 or 7 papers a year is a standard full-time university workload, the BAv requires 10-12 papers a year for the first 2 years. :8 Just in case students think weekends are for part time jobs and drinking, the usual CPL MEIFR training is done simultaneously.

Unlike it's overseas counterparts though, I can't see Massey getting its graduates reduced minimum interviews with the NZ regionals any time soon!

So does Massey produce part 135 drivers able to make someone money in a 206 any better than the next guy though? Probably not, and neither is that their objective.

It's just a pity the 'pride in their effort' goes to the head of some of the ex students out there. Makes things harder on the rest of us just trying to get on with it! :ok:

NoseGear
15th Apr 2003, 18:29
KN (aka: The Masked Massey Avenger)

For someone who is not sensitive, you certainly leaped into it boots and all. If you re-read the posts, you will see we only lightly touched on the subject of Massey, and then you came riding in.

As I stated, I know Massey folk who are good blokes (and bloke-esses), however the industry wide reputation remains, in that they tend to be a little overblown with a superior attitude. This leaves a bad taste in peoples mouth. masseygrads post is a good example of this. You seem to be getting on with things, and it was not my intention, nor did I, bag the actual course itself. As for the applications, or whatever they were, I held them in my hot little hands, and I'm sure if you ask around, you will find others who saw the same stock standard......letter I will call it for lack of a more acurate term. This was obviously penned by someone who should have known better. I was in GA at the time, operating piston twins, so why would someone, in an apparent attempt to apply to us, ask us about getting a jet rating, when they have yet to complete their CPL? Obviously a little research into the companys they are applying to is in order. I am sure any company receiving several of these letters where the only difference is the name at the top, is going to form an opinion of the writers, and by association, their course provider. Combine the two, and presto, bad rep! And you know how these things tend to get around. As for cutting corners into NZ regionals, apart from the 1000 hours required, for insurance by the way, you said yourself they are no better at operating a 206 than anyone else, so why would you think they can then operate a high speed turbo prop any better than anyone else?
For the record, I also happen to believe that they should be proud of what they have achieved, as does any Uni grad.

Good luck with your career

Nosey:D :D

skytops
15th Apr 2003, 20:06
Well done Mobster, mission accomplished again.

You've taken a seemingly innocuous topic and managed to manipulate another "Let's rubbish Massey again" thread.

Good on ya mate.

NoseGear
15th Apr 2003, 20:59
Skytops, you are dead wrong. If you go back and re-read thru the posts, the first thing MM said about Massey was that they had a sim there. Fail to see how that is bagging Massey. masseygrad is who sidelined this forum with his nose in the air statement that MM is "clearly not from Massey." Sniff Sniff.:{ :{

Just invited a bit of a p!$$take on himself, don't you think? Even if you are from Massey, be a bit hard to sit there and not think "what a w@nker" after that post.

If we could be back to the topic at hand, those with information for the individuals who have interviews, please post. And good luck to you.

Nosey:ok:

KiwiNewbie
16th Apr 2003, 02:14
Nosegear, you held those applications in your hot little hands? Funny, I would've just thrown them in the rubbish ;) The same stock standard letter? Not a Massey practice from my time there. Maybe several wannabes happened to buy the same 'get a job flying aeroplanes' book?

Can Massey grads operate a high speed turbo prop any better than anyone else with 200TT? Yes. Can they operate a jet type any better than anyone else with 200 TT? Most Definately.
Because that is what the Massey course is all about, same as similar courses in the USA (UND, ERAU, etc.) Thats why graduates there get reduced experience minimums and preferred interview status. Thanks to Massey the flight training game in NZ has now been lifted a little beyond the "Here's whats in AC61" course, just as it has all over the world. Hopefully there will come a day when the tickbox exams no longer make the grade in this part of the world too. NZ seems to lag a little behind in this respect! The future role of aeroclubs in professional air transport pilot training is probably questionable.

"cutting corners" into NZ regionals? Standard practice in the USA for aviation university graduates. Study turboprop and jet operations, get turboprop and jet jobs. Ever noticed how US flight training trends reflect worldwide in years to follow? For the 90s and beyond over there, No 4 Year Degree, No Jet Job. The situation in NZ though is probably not ideal right now according to Massey's grand scheme. Maybe it'll just take time, although more likely it'll take more than just time at Massey's end.

At the end of the day if someone wants to hire a 220 hour CPL MEIFR holder to fly their turboprop, I know where I'd want to be trained to cut the mustard in a vigorous interview :cool:

Ajax
16th Apr 2003, 03:50
Hahahahahahahahahahaaahahhaa same old same old ... listen to what you're shovelling.

Hey kiwi newbie I'll say this once only cos I was enjoying following this thread more when it was the Billy T James show :

First of all you won't cut the mustard in a 'vigorous interview' because airline interviewers can spot people with their head up their own arse from miles off. I was told once by a very senior individual within Air NZ that 'we already know you can do the job or we wouldn't have called you. All we want to find out is, can I sit next to this bloke for 14 hours across the Pacific without him pissing me off'. Think about that ... and then ask yourself why, with all this hiring going on from people like Eagle, why NONE of your instructors have had the golden phone call last week ... or the time before that or the time before that :rolleyes:

It's a real shame that people like F.S. and G.H. are completely unwilling to recognize the fact that their product is completely unsuited to the realities of the kiwi industry, and modify their course accordingly so that you guys at least when you graduate can start off in the industry on a level footing with the rest of the 200 hour boys, instead of being behind a big fat 'Massey' 8 ball.

Ka kite mobster, keep telling it like it is bro!!

NoseGear
16th Apr 2003, 09:13
Here we go again! KN, do you actually read anything before seeing "massey bashing!" and typing posts that contradict your own?

Yes I did hold those applications in my hands, and I also replied to them, each, individually. Why would YOU throw them in the rubbish, if they are from Massey, they are obviously superior. By the way, no replys from them, but then they aren't worried about a piston twin operater, they are going straight to jets, so not to worry. IF you read what I wrote above, the letter was a blatant, self serving promo for Massey, not from any get a job book. :rolleyes:

Your second paragraph: you have got to be joking. You have just displayed the exact attitude that ticks everyone off. I can almost hear your voice become more strident as you preach to the unconverted. You talk about 'tick in the box' exams, obviously you are nowhere near to using the knowledge gained from the ATPL exams. You yourself said you had issues with Massey when you left, was that perhaps the reality check you got when (or if) you graduated, that hey, wheres my jet job? What do you mean I have to have thousands of hours? I'M FROM MASSEY!!!!:{ :{

Ajax hit the nail on the head, can I sit next to this guy for hours on end and not want to hit him? That is the uppermost question in the interviewer/pilots mind. As your handle says, you are obviously a Newbie, otherwise you would know there is a BIG difference between studying Jet/Turboprop operations and actually operating those aircraft.

Get over yourself, get a few more hours (my personal guess is you have around 400?) and then look back and learn from your posts. You certainly have alot to learn yet. And please do tell, what is 'Masseys Grand Scheme'? Sounds very ominous, lots of little massey grads sitting around candles, wrapped in toga's and plotting the downfall of NZ aeroclubs no doubt. :E

Now, can we get back to the topic at hand?

Nosey

anti-skid
16th Apr 2003, 09:33
Hi all,

Just a question..it was mentioned that very few instructors
from massey make it into eagle etc.. do such operators have
a popular hunting ground for new recruits? If they're not
coming from massey, are they coming from a wide range of
places?
Just wondering...:confused:

Split Flap
16th Apr 2003, 10:31
Can't be bothered getting into a Bleating contest about which school is better than another cause quite frankly I can't be F****d, but I will say a couple things that I know for a fact (or as close as you can get to fact in this industry).
There are several third level airlines/charter operators in NZ that will not take Massey grads, end of story, right or wrong, that is their preference and the golden rule applys "Those who have the gold make the rules". This attitude came about probably from one or two indiviuals who for one reason or another have pissed in the chips of others, I realize that a lot of people are getting tarred with the same brush but seems to be the way things are. The NZ aviation industry is a small place and if you have your employment options limited in anyway whatsoever that will be hurting you and your chosen career. Correct?
Kiwinewbie, I agree with you in the fact that once you finally get onto a turbine/jet/multicrew operation the procedural/CRM stuff that is drummed into you in the "Airline Orientated" programmes such as Massey AFS will be of advantage.
However unless you go to UK/Europe where hours dont seem to be as much of an issue with regards to airline hiring, you are going to have a tough time convincing any NZ Regional to take you with the sort of hours that you have when you finish your training. This is where the third level/charter types come in, see above coments.
I agree that in the future things may change as in my opinion Third level operators are dieing a slow and painful death in this country, but is little comfort for somebody graduting shortly.

I digress, back to the topics that this great thread started on, Yes I hear Eagle motors is Interveiwing at the end of April, three day interveiws too, bit over the top in my opinion but once again refer to Golden rule. Apparenlty 10 chaps/chapesses being grilled with 5 from third level north island operators that I know of.

Nose Gear, phew bro haven't seen you in the land of the big green bud in a while Cuz, went for a ride in one of the old korus wakas today bro, good to see my paddling skills are still up to scratch, hope that the study for your too much flash big double waka is three much!

MM

Best of luck for the interveiw bro if you dont get in youse fullas could probably start up youse own airline with some land money cuz, remember to get a good CEO though bro not like those fullas that started up the telly channel, dose fullas got shamed out something wick eh bro, stink!

Where did I get my bag? I pinched it!

Che

Uncle Whirimu

KiwiNewbie
16th Apr 2003, 11:42
NoseGear, no reality check required. I'm not easily seperated from large sums of money so I did my homework before choosing a flight school.

Massey's Grand Scheme (or 'Operation SpaceShuttle Jobs' as it's referred to internally) is a highly classified document which I am not at liberty to discuss.

Ajax, were you hoping for personal insults in return? Don't believe everything you hear on the barstool. Eagle's staff list and your 'facts' don't seem to agree.

Anti Skid, maybe you could ring Eagle and ask them what they are looking for if you're interested. Usually pays to go to the source when it counts :D

nike
16th Apr 2003, 14:11
so this maori mobster guy has got an interview? :confused: oh well.....

Kiwi Newbie, chill out, if you think your course was nice, thats rosy. But dont get sobby if no one invites you round for tea and a biscuit.

These people will re-read your posts over and over, and hang you on some line or word. They have the ability to forget the merits of their own points and focus on their opponents misgivings.

You're not helping yourself with that dribble about some special document- that truely is space cadet material.

Ajax - your hanging on a little too tight man, ease up on the grip.

Eagle Air Interviewing:

So it has got to a three day process? man.

Do they put you up in a Hotel?

You have to go to Hamilton or do they have regional interviews?

Who is involved in the process?

Any other info would be appreciated

the maori mobster
16th Apr 2003, 14:37
my own airline? che

didn't think of that. and yea could get a nice sum from those fellas up stairs for a handout for starting it. i could name it...

"HAPPY WAKA AIRLINES"

:)

skytops

chill bro!!! if you need help chilling out i might be able to help you there, for a few kina... yeah...

i don't trash any message board bro!!! i trash talk your momma if you not careful :p :p :p

kavu
16th Apr 2003, 15:26
mm

Hard to believe that you have an interview with you just completing your Multi IFR rating and CPL. Never mind good luck "Bro". Just study hard and don't stuff up the sim ride.

I think what Nose Gear and Split Flap have said is quite right. The MM is exactly what a grad from Massey is like. They think in professional terms but this is not suited to the New Zealand Aviation scene. We are too small for it. In New Zealand it's a matter making yourself known in face rather than a name on a piece of paper.

Yes overseas this Massey attitude would work. The scene in New Zealand is quite different. Like Nose Gear I have seen a common letter being sent out to GA operators stating their desire to work for them and would get a 737 type rating. What they fail to realise in their CV and cover letters is who they are targeting.

That's the key to any successful application. Know the person you're senting it to and what and where they fly too. Like Nose Gear we had a similiar case where the person sent a letter to "Dear Sir" and not the name of the Chief Pilot or Owner of the company. He then stated he would get a 737 rating. This person didn't bother to do a little research to find out what we flew or who the Chief Pilot was. It only takes a phone call or look on the web.

As I said New Zealand is small enough that we all know what qualifications people have. You have to make your face known to the operator. People remember a face then relate it to a name.

Massey grads would do well overseas I think, just like in Europe. A lot of training is put into CRM. Just like in Europe where you can train throught one of there flight schools then with as little as 300 hours jump onto a 737NG with an experienced Captain.

Although the problem there I have heard is that the Captains are flying with these very intellectual F/O's with 300 hours and know everything about the theory of flying but when it comes to flying the plane are a little behind the eight ball. A little apprehensive landing a 737NG in a 10 cross wind. Here in NZ since we all go through a couple of years of GA and fly in every flying condition known to man it doesn't really phase us. But to a new guy over there it would scare the living daylights out of them.

So there is a time and place for Massey students. Probably not the right stuff for the NZ scene in the early stages. Sure certainly in Air NZ or the likes but not when get their first flying job.

Joe KERR
17th Apr 2003, 12:46
ALWAYS INVERTED

If you want to know where to go with those hours.

Try the Unemployment Office.

If you want a flying job in OZ jump off the roof with cape on.

NoseGear
17th Apr 2003, 13:04
Joe KERR, sure your first name isn't Wayne?

Typical Aussie, 2 weeks late, bitter, ill informed and nothing to offer but a cheap jab.

Nice one mate:rolleyes:

nike
18th Apr 2003, 04:42
Try 5 weeks, and stale to boot.

Who would want to fly in OZ when its full of understanding individuals like Ms KERR?

I am not totally convinced that there is that much of a difference between someone with a fresh CPL MEIR 250-300hrs, and someone with a fresh CPL MEIR 250-300 hrs and a degree.

they're of little use to anyone.

pantyripper
18th Apr 2003, 09:35
dont care about the Massey stuff, but would appreciate some background info on eagle airs history and current info, cheers

always inverted
19th Apr 2003, 09:14
Joe Kerr,

thought about a reply just after your pathetic post of no substance, but thought better not. Here is a topic asking questions and talking about eagle etc and then you fall off your high chair and start shooting that mouth of yours off for what reason ??
I was mearly getting a general opinion of where I could go with my hours, some people, unlike yourself, have helped me.
I don't have a grade 2 or whatever instructor ticket, but what does that let you do... Preflight the planes you list on your profile.

Just a matter of intrest, how many hours- tt,multi and spifr do you have ??

Me thinks with a stupid post like that, you are lower houred than me, cause if not I think you would have the maturity to post something helpful instead of letting people know that you are a ****.

If not then, I take that back, but why would you bother waisting your time with a stupid reply...

masseygrad
21st Apr 2003, 21:23
Nosey,
I think you’ve been a bit harsh mate, in referring to me as a w@#$er etc..

I wrote my post because I have gradually become more and more annoyed with the maori mobster’s posts. Not so much from this thread but from previous threads in the D&G forums. Firstly, I do see the humour in some of his posts (I did give him credit for that). However in my opinion MM’s posts often have a disguised, underlying theme of ridiculing Massey, with an element of maliciousness. There is no need for this, Massey gets ridiculed enough as it is.

Ok – so his posts may be a comic wind-up, but what is so funny about making fun of pilots who have 220 hours and expect to be handed an airline job. It’s sad, not funny. These people invariably learn the realities of the industry quickly, and sometimes by marring their name in the process. MM is trying to perpetuate the negative opinion that many people like yourself have of Massey pilots. Do you not agree? Having trained at Massey myself, surely you can understand me objecting to MM in the way I have?

MM makes an effort to imply that he is from Massey and in doing so parodies just the type of Massey pilot that you (and the rest of us) have a problem with (or at least find very tiresome). Sure, you saw straight through it and were able to appreciate the humour. But consider this: MM actually knows a few things about Massey. To the extent that initially I had to wonder myself if he was from Massey. So my guess is that he would have fooled a few people not as ‘au fait’ as yourself. If you look back at some of his earliest posts in past threads this would appear to be the case.

And to be honest, I was curious if MM had a serious answer to the question I put to him. Perhaps he was both trying to wind people up and a loser from Massey (with a weird sense of humour). But I think not – rather someone who tries to discredit Massey by masquerading as one (and hoping to fool the odd person). The thing is, whether PPRuNers believe he is indeed from Massey or not, he gets his point across.

He has an underlying malicious intent. What other reason could he have? Which leads me to, okay, state the obvious for most, but make a statement for some, to elude to MM’s underlying motive, and unfortunately earn your disdain. Maybe MM thinks this ‘covert’ way of bagging Massey is more effective. But why? If he wants to bag Massey then fine. I don’t have a problem with that. In fact I’ll join in on certain matters.

The Massey students you received applications from were idiots. So what. They are now either much more enlightened or out of the industry. Even if you still get the odd "I’m from Massey, where’s my job?” application on your desk…. SO WHAT? JUST DON'T GIVE THEM A JOB! Why do you have to harbour such a negative attitude towards them. If you want to choose the best pilot to sit next to you for 12 hours across the Pacific – then choose the best pilot. To do that, as I’m sure you know, you’ll have to assess each candidate you have regardless of where they were trained. Simple as that. Why get so hung up over the odd Massey drop-kick?

On another matter it’s my guess that MM uses more than one PPRuNe alias, one that he has perhaps also used on this thread.

Again, apologies for digressing from the thread topic.

Cheers,
MG

nike
22nd Apr 2003, 11:04
MasseyGrad - a well written post.:ok:

always inverted
22nd Apr 2003, 13:44
Nicely put there MG...
Same goes for Joe KERR from Aussie.
The thing is mate, there are going to be people like that the whole way through your aviation career, you, as I am learning to do, must just laugh along and let it go, what does MM do at the moment, anyone ??
It gets worse when those people backstab you for the same job you are going for...
Thing is, you can't be seen to let it get to you.

masseygrad
22nd Apr 2003, 14:54
Fair call AI. Advice taken onboard.

always inverted
23rd Apr 2003, 16:02
Massey Grad, check your PM's.

Joe KERR
24th Apr 2003, 16:51
Dear NOSEGEAR

In reply to your observation of what a typical Aussie pilot is I believe that I was speaking about what a lot of other people are saying about the flying industry in whole. I was not having a go at our lower IQ 6 fingered islanders to the south East of Gods Country, I was merely stating a fact at the moment. It is very hard for both lower houred pilots and high end pilots at the moment to get a job in the industry. Read the newspaper you ****.

Good luck to the guys who get any work at the moment with whatever hours they have got. I would love a job flying a 152 at the moment. This was not pegged at anyone in particular it was a light hearted look at the industry at the moment. I wish I had never left a well paid job 12 months ago to chase my dream, but that is what it is about.

Get your head out of the long white cloud and come back to earth.

goldfish64
24th Apr 2003, 17:22
Hey Masseygrad - what massey class were you in?

Two Cocks
27th Apr 2003, 07:58
Ya, good morning

I wish to know if my experience as a CFI would be taken into account with Eagle Airways Ltd? I wish to move back to NZ and wonder if they would look at me. I am a native New Zealander but moved overseas to find work in Germany.

I have been watching your threads and heard of talk about the number of instructors getting through the process. So would quality time as a CFI count? Would it give me an advantage?

I'm moving back home to the south island in the next couple of months. Are they going to be interviewing again then?

Thank you

Colonel Blink
1st May 2003, 09:31
Go get fu*&ed, with your stupid jibes re. NZ ..I was not having a go at our lower IQ 6 fingered islanders to the south East of Gods Country I suggest you check some statistical info. on the net, such as educational achievement levels between Aus and NZ, etc. Latest laugh was that NZ rates as number four (of the 21 richest countries) for assisting countries in need, where was Aus - oh a lowly 19 (barely above the US and Japan).

Is it any wonder you remain unemployed - enjoy bludging, cause with your attitude you won't get any work

SniperPilot
1st May 2003, 22:42
C Blink you sound like a twit. Read your own post carefully. I am not quite certain as to the point you are trying to make but I would guess it has something to do with the moral and intellectual superiority of New Zealanders?

What exactly is 'assisting countries in need'? Again I am guessing, but if it is in fact foreign aid per capita then a more wordly and wise individual knows that it is the most brazen form of influence peddling that a foreign government can engage in. The less the US, and to a lesser extent Japan, throw money at 'countries in need' the better. Aid is, and always was, just a polite method of maintaining influence where direct political control had been lost or never existed.

However please feel free to regale us with statistics and anecdotes that demonstrate NZs superior educational acievements:8

Can't wait!:hmm:

Colonel Blink
2nd May 2003, 06:14
Not much difference really, but NZ ranks higher

Start here with the OECD report (http://www.oecd.org/EN/document/0,,EN-document-604-20-no-27-35363-604,00.html)

or cut to the chase and read the charts here (http://www.oecd.org/xls/M00035000/M00035118.xls) and here (http://www.oecd.org/xls/M00035000/M00035120.xls) .

Perhaps more telling is this table which demonstrates the attainment rate of upper secondary school graduation here (http://www.oecd.org/xls/M00035000/M00035099.xls) , which demonstrates a more marked difference (perhaps Aussie is catching up, given this data refers to over 25's, which I suggest will be most of Pprune and possibly you Sniper. If achievement rates are of no use to you, then how about funding? (http://www.oecd.org/xls/M00035000/M00035146.xls)

I could go on, with the research evidence telling the tale (no need for anecdotes when you can utilise the work of others to illustrate the point - learned that when I completed my Masters three year ago)

BTW, I am NOT a Kiwi, but I dislike how some members use sad stereotypes (as per Mr. Kerr's comments) - I have yet to meet a Kiwi (Pakeha, Maori or Pasifika) with six fingers (I am assuming on one hand - it has just occured to me that Mr. Kerr may have been referring to those in forestry who have managed to chain saw a few digits off - but I think not) - perhaps he thinks the Simpsons is set here - they have three fingers and a thumb per hand? This board is not the place for racial slurs on anyone. I was not the one who claimed intellectual superiority (it was Mr. Kerr in his 'lower IQ' comment who was claiming Aussies were intellectually superior) - I was the one who stated facts - NZ education performs at a Higher level than Australia. I apologise if my correction offended you.

Fair enough, if you want to keep all the money in your country, then that's fine by me - true, charity should begin at home, again I was stating something I had just read in the morning paper (the report related to charitable donation by the citizens of those countries). Perhaps this says something about the cultural differences between both countries.

Finally, I am not a twit, and nor am I a Kiwi, although I do intend to stay here. I have been to Australia on a number of occasions, have many Aussie friends and professional colleagues, and I have no need to be derogatory to anyone.

Cypher
2nd May 2003, 09:05
wwwhooooaaa...!

Talk about mountain outta a molehill...

as a kiwi.. let me just say.. we kiwis and ozzies have been going at each other ever since that damn underarm bowling incident...

however no need to drop to pulling stats on OECD and start a pi$$ing contest over whos got the better education!!!

And you can bet most of the time when we're going at each other, it's only in 'brotherly' jest... :ok:

I mean.. at least we can build an American's Cup boat that doesn't break in half.. :p :O

nike
2nd May 2003, 12:19
I keep forgetting how tight some people are wound.

I only need to drop into D & G to be reminded.

again people, ease up on the grip.

So, back to the thread subject;

To those who have had interviews:

how did they rate?

what type of questions were asked?

how involved was the process?

how soon will you hear? or

when are you likely to start?

any tips for budding interviewee's?:ok:

Two Cocks
10th May 2003, 11:16
Well, Let me see. I have heard that some fine gentlemen have had interviews with Eagle Airways Limited. Good on you chaps. Carry on a fine tradition. Most probably came from an AeroClub background. Upstanding work.

However I am a little concerned with how many actually were granted a ground course. Some very fine individuals were not accepted. Why? I have heard that Eagle are setting pretty high standards. Rather ironic that a senior pilot there probably couldn't pass the interview, sim and group session if he went for an interview today. My my how things have changed in the last couple of years.

Before I left New Zealand the progression to Eagle Airways was alot easier. Granted that they have a new aircraft with new gauges and whizzie things but has the progression to the new aircraft really lifted the bar as regards to the interview, sim hire and group session. Has the bar been lifted too high?

We are not in the Airforce chaps. (For that matter does Eagle think it is the new Airforce, because New Zealand doesn't have one). Looking from the outside it does appear that the people in charge are setting very high standards.

The creme de la creme of pilots are getting through but how many of those left behind could have got through?

What are Eagle wanting in a pilot nowadays? In years gone by, all you needed was a 1000hrs tot, 200hr multi. It seems nowadays that the 1500-2000 tot, 500-1000 multi and the secret ingredient X is what is required. But what is this secret ingredient X?

A few years ago a letter came out from a Manager (or someone of his status - can't remember the name). He stated the requirements from which to hire people. He also indicated certain organisations that were the more preferred options. I wonder if this has gone by the wayside.

But getting back to this X factor. What do Eagle want? This is the big question. Why is it a pereson with good esteem, piloting skills (obviously from an Aeroclub) and thorough knowledge in most things not get accepted. They did wonderfully in all that was asked of them at the interview, fly to a very high standard in the sim and then for the group session partipate with whole heartiness.

Which leads backs to this X factor. What are the Managers wanting? It would be helpful to those applying in the future to know.

These were my thoughts today. Take care chaps.

SepsOff
13th May 2003, 16:09
They are possibly after either zero or one cock.

Komatua
13th May 2003, 18:22
Maybe they want 120 cocks?

Why is it that the airline which is the hardest worked, least payed, smallest aircraft, etc, etc, has a 3 day interview process, including a Sim Ride and group session? Do Mt Cook, Air Nelson, Origin, Air Freight, Air Work have a similar process? As far as I'm aware they just have an Interview.

Split Flap
14th May 2003, 04:56
Komatua,

Because they have just got new aeroplanes and they think they are the ducks nuts.
You forgot the 5 shuttle launches and 2 moon landings to even get the interveiw.

Komatua
14th May 2003, 05:47
I think if you are an Instructor from Ardmore Flying School it is a big bonus. The C172R model is new, just like the B1900 and is considered a good training platform, combined with their modern airline standard operating procedures.

Sqwark2000
14th May 2003, 07:40
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:hmm: I don't think so ...................

This AFS instructor thing has and was covered extensively a long time ago.... as I remember the general consensus at the end was that they may be looking for a mix of operationally experienced and instructor/procedural type people...... the new C172's I don't think make a 2-bit difference.

Quote "The C172R model is new, just like the B1900 and is considered a good training platform, combined with their modern airline standard operating procedures. " Unquote :yuk: :yuk:

S2K

Hudson Hawk
14th May 2003, 07:50
I'm a little bit dark about 2 people from outside NZ were accepted from the latest round of interviews. Sure they may be kiwis but none the less they vacated our airspace some time ago to fly in someone elses aviation industry.

A few years ago you had to have "current NZ IFR" experience to be considered.

One bloke is B1900 endorsed, from what I'm aware, which maybe is a qualification for an exemption but still there is a strong, bulging industry of chaps/chapess waiting to come through from NZ's GA sector.

And what is go with the letters that were sent out to the unlucky ones.... "due to the high standard of applicants you have missed out" (or to that effect)........... they only accepted 3 from 9 interviewees... does that mean they were only looking for 3 to start with (which seems odd considereing it might not be long before those 3 are utilised and then they would have to interview again) or were the other 6 not acceptable.... (odd again, if they can't pick 9 quality interviewees from what must be a bulging CV cabinet)

Just my thoughts

Hudson

fuzznut
14th May 2003, 16:08
Sorry for those who missed out, but....

How about those who have been successful?
Does the new interview format with simulator, etc select people with "the right stuf" (whatever that is) or is it producing turkeys?

How do the Eagle pilots feel?

Split Flap
14th May 2003, 17:00
Sqwark 2000

I think that you have just had your leg pulled my son.:cool:

Two Cocks
15th May 2003, 18:10
Did they really pick only three chaps from the interviews. Well this does back up my theory of an Air Force Interview process. These interviewing personal must be all from an AeroClub background to make such informed decisions.

Hoorah!!!;)

the maori mobster
15th May 2003, 18:15
key or ra

maybe some of us have the right stuff.........

aye bro!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

Barbers Pole
18th May 2003, 08:51
Scoring jobs in the NZ industry has always been about supply and demand!!

At the moment there's an oversupply of pilots around so the standard of applicants goes up, the airlines can pick & choose who they consider the best.

In the early 90's Eagle were only hiring about 3-5 guys a year! Pilots were cutting each others throats to get an interview, you needed an min of 3000+ hours and a 1000+ multi to even get a reply to your application.
Then in the mid nineties AirNZ starting hiring,CX were grabbing pilots, Eagle & Air Nelson expanded and there were jobs for Africa for a couple of years. If you could walk and chew gum you get an interview.

Aviation is cyclical, just have to be patient, don't shoot your mouth off in front of the wrong people and for those guys/gals who miss out at the interview keep updating unless they told you to never darken the doors again.

Tip: Do your homework for the interview, those who don't stand out like dog's balls.

Komatua
18th May 2003, 19:16
Eagle seems to have a reputation for employing tossers, so have you got the right stuff, maori mobster? I think so, after reading through the previous pages.

nike
19th May 2003, 08:02
are you ok komatua?

your four posts are full of misery. things are not rosy?

The fact is the interviewer sets the standard. its their perogitive. If you want in, you anti up and play your hand as best you can. They dont have to justify their process as long as there are people turning up to play.

who knows, maybe they'll add a kareoke session....

somyungi
19th May 2003, 14:49
Just an outside perspecrive, but why would bro with such passionate feelings about these "tossers" follow the hiring grapevine so closely.

You talking more like unkil bully than a Komatua

SepsOff
27th May 2003, 19:12
Several questions appear to remain unanswered, without going back through the thread I will attempt to carry on where BP left off...

In the past Eagle has employed 400hr CPL's with a brand new I.R. Most of these joined the bottom of the seniority list at a time when the Majors were stagnant and there was little movement. Buy the time their number came up for a command they had plenty of time on type and total time. The important thing they had or did was to know the boss or one of his mates, or be able to push his buttons.
About 1/2 a doz have achieved this in the last 10 years or so don't rely on this method.
In times of rapid movement in the industry or when there is a surplus of applicants, the bar is raised. The sights are focused on those who can slot into the left seat sooner rather than later. Eagle is not in the business of employing career co-pilots. (although they have managed one or two!)
The trip to Toronto for the Sim training costs the company between 20 and 25k so don't blame them for wanting to find out if you can fly straight and level in the Ardmore trainer before you go.
The head shrinking stuff is done by an outside contractor and is hopefully to weed out those with issues going on (possibly regarding sim instructors/partners or having to sit in the right hand seat with that senior Eagle Captain that wouldn't be able to pass the current interview process).
There will always be an element of "who you know" those that publicly vent their bitterness will ultimately get a name for themselves and despite possibly being very good operators, may miss out simply because they opened their mouth at the wrong time in front of the wrong person. (the fat chick you bag at the christmas do might just be the Chief pilot's wife!).
The 1900 isn't the space shuttle but it can get busy, if you can't show the company that you are capable of being disciplined then you won't get a look in.
Eagle doesn't owe anyone a job, if someone you know gets in and you haven't yet, don't abuse them, rather pick their brains.

The biggest thing not to do is catching S.A.R.S in Toronto and giving it to your training captain!

Anti Skid On
28th May 2003, 16:32
Sorry to take this off thread (again) - Sepsoff - you say the B1900 ain't the Space Shuttle, so you may have experience of the type. out of interest just how fast is the 3x daily B1900 that blasts over my roof and then over the lake downwind for Rotovegas Intl? I'm guessing that you guys are close to 200knots until you get to about 2000ft - is this me just being paranoid, but you guys seem to motor!

SepsOff
29th May 2003, 08:59
Gear speed is 180kts, prior to that, anything up to 248kts.

Barbers Pole
30th May 2003, 07:24
Following on you have to remember that Eagle fly to a lot of places where there are only NDB app's and some of them can get quite dirty especially on a dark winters night, No A/Pilot to help out.
Eagle know from past experince that just cos someone rocks up with a Instrument rating dosen't mean they can fly IFR, when I was training there years ago it staggered me the amount of basic IFR skills that "some" people didn't have when they turned up, couldn't work out descends, dist around arc's, Hdg bug use, procedual rules, drift allowances/corrections so chucking them in a sim for a quick strop is a good idea and will probably save them some cash in the long run. (and the training cptns hair!!)

On the old metro you could join the ILS on Barbers Pole :D (246kts) and be configured by 1500ft or be BP to 5-6nm on a visual app straight in..

Joining downwind at 10,000ft and flying a normal circuit to Ldg was another cool trick. :ok:

stillalbatross
17th Jun 2003, 11:37
Sorry, slight hijacking of the thread, is Richard Sewell still at Eagle? Was WRE based a few moons ago.

fly real fast
20th Jun 2003, 04:55
Been a bit quiet lately Maori Mobster? You in Toronto getting trained up to fly the spaceship? Good to see Massey students getting jobs after such good ground and flying tuition.

CommandBars
22nd Jun 2003, 18:31
Nope, RS is not longer at Eagle and not for some time either.
He left Eagle about 4 years ago to do a bible college degree in Tauranga (NZ)
I bumped into him several months ago and said he was keen to get back into flying, but no-one knows where he is now (at least no one I know).
He is a great guy, so would be good to see him back in the saddle, but for now the man upstairs has him under his wings.

tinpis
23rd Jun 2003, 06:42
Is Malcolm Cambell the bloke started Eagle still around?

CT7
25th Jun 2003, 17:21
Seems to be a lot of banter about the interviewing process....
Something I don't think you'll be able to change.

Why not just front up with a good understanding of the requirements of 2 pilot IFR ATOps / procedures and take it from there....

flyingkiwi
27th Jun 2003, 22:14
CT7

I bet thats not what you did a little while back, a tad more study was done I think:E

Good luck to all the Eagle wantabes, It is a great company with lots of great guys to work with and it has a fantastaic reputation with the likes of Air NZ and Cathay, just look at the numbers of ex Eagle guys that have got jobs on heavy jets in the last 5 years, easily double if not 4x that of Air nelson.

Cheers
ex Eagle driver
I almost mis that bandit:{ :O

CT7
1st Jul 2003, 11:54
FK,

Actually it was, maybe even less being young & naive and all that.

Anyway what would you know about flying!! You're always off on holiday!! This beach here, that island there, man what a life.... :O Miss that Bandit, as the tui add says, Yeah, Right!

However the last interview I did, was a bit different!

My point being, that if you have a good all round knowledge (ie not just SPIFR on the same route day after day, and occassionally read some books) then you could all but discard most of the previous 7 pages.

The Air NZ thing, well, Command time made a big difference with them (given how quickly they moved in Eagle) most of the Left seaters are quite firmly fixed with this (NSN) company and don't want to move.

However, 5 F/Os with interviews in the next 2 months (& 2 Captains recently accepted, 1 Capt and 2 F/Os with "Yes" letters) that is slowly being addressed.

Eagle should be looking for some more pilots soon if Cathay take off again too. Flying Kiwi maybe able to shed some light on that one:ok:

Sqwark2000
1st Jul 2003, 18:11
CT7,

Why not just front up with a good understanding of the requirements of 2 pilot IFR ATOps / procedures and take it from there....

Where would you suggest aspiring regional wannabes get this good understanding of 2 Pilot IFR ATOPS if they are not or have never been in a 2 pilot environment.

Is there some recommended reading you could prescribe.... being a successful AirNZ candidate 'n all :ok:

Cheers

S2K

CT7
2nd Jul 2003, 13:43
Yeah, OK Slackbladder. Fair cop!

My point being, try to get as much "varied" experience as possible. I've seen too many get into the cosy Aero Club job and never leave their comfort zone, and realise too late.

I know that does not apply to you, although the missus might like the stability....

kavu
10th Jul 2003, 14:45
I hear that Eagle are interviewing again for the end of the month?

How many people are trying out for Space Shuttle Missions?

Split Flap
11th Jul 2003, 09:34
Oooohhhh,

I'll go grab my space helmet and boots!!

BattleSTARGalatica
16th Jul 2003, 13:21
Surely there will be GBA pilots and AFS instructors being interviewed. Anyone?

flyingkiwi
18th Jul 2003, 14:34
Ha ha ha.. CT7 just reread your post, realise who I was then;)

we dont holiday too much.. did you hear about our Jburg trip??
Enjoy your ANZ course.

regarding the thread, sounds like its all moving again CX are interviewing the guys who were booked into there seconds a few months ago. so hopefully that will filter down to the you guys.

With reference to sunair pilots i know some very good ones that have come from there and some not so good ones, i remember one being chopped from Eagle a couple of years ago.

ALLBLACK
19th Jul 2003, 19:55
Why do these guys always talkabout Eagle Air and Air NZ, go out of the country folks and find jobs overseas mate , dont stuck in this dairyfarm ,,,

prop

flyingkiwi
20th Jul 2003, 22:20
ALLBLACK

Reading your post it looks like you were stuck in some mud too long, head first by the standard of your grammar.

If you read my threads I agree there are better great airlines other than Air NZ to work for. But as for flying commuters there are no jobs better than flying Bandits Beeches or Saabs around Godzone.

no_HANDLE
21st Jul 2003, 10:27
ALL BLACK.....

I agree with you, but when you get stuck in NZ GA there is generally no way to get out of the country. You are paid in bananas and work two or more jobs to earn a buck.

We all don't have rich parents. (not saying you have rich parents)

With response to BattleSTARGalatica as far as we know there are ten interviewees. Rumours are 3 x Multi instructors, 2 x AFS, 1 x ex Air Nelson, 1 x GBA, 1 x Sunair, 2 x ex Origin(though not 100% sure).
:O:)