View Full Version : CPL DISTANCE LEARNING

XENON
23rd Aug 2001, 03:55
Hi,
now that 4 forces and PPSC have gone are there any more schools offering CPL distance learning theory?

UKPPL
23rd Aug 2001, 20:30
Hi,

If you're wanting a CPL for instruction purposes (??) then save your money and time and wait six months and the CAA will hopefully be introducing a method of becoming a FI and being able to get paid for giving instruction without holding a CPL. This is part of the NPPL scheme.

Good luck,

UKPPL

XENON
23rd Aug 2001, 22:06
Hi UKPPL,
thanks for your reply. I am currently the holder of a Canadian Commercial licence wqith Instructor rating and it would be great if I did not have to re do all that CPL theory again.
Can you give me more details on the NPPL that you mentioned? Is it just a rumour or are they actually doing something about it?
They will have to do something as there are currently no schools in the UK offering CPL theory, so in other words no new Instructors. What a mess.

foghorn
23rd Aug 2001, 22:51
Hi Xenon,

Lots of instructors coming through the system already with their ATPL theory exams - under JAR you are allowed to go straight to the ATPL theory and not bother with the CPL theory. Your CPL is valid with your ATPL exams and thus is known as a 'frozen ATPL' - frozen until you get the necessary hours for the full ATPL (1500TT, 500 multi-crew).

The CPL exams are only really for career instructors - all people with an eye on an airline job go straight to ATPL theory.

foggy

[ 23 August 2001: Message edited by: foghorn ]