PDA

View Full Version : Pilots line checks

papa noel
28th Feb 2003, 11:11
I wonder if anyone can advise me on this point please?

If a First Officer fails a line check is he allowed to fly without a Training Captain. And can the failed line check afterwards be changed to an observation flight?

You splitter
1st Mar 2003, 11:35
If any pilot failed a line check they would be would be taken of the line and placed u/t.

Obviosuly it depends why the pilot concerned failed. If it was, in the opinion of the LTC, just a bad day he/she may be able to undergo a check again fairly soon. However it may be considered prudent to undergo more intensive training again.

I certainly hope no-body would consider 'forgetting' the line check took place and letting somebody obviously not up to standard fly without an LTC! :(

VIKING9
1st Mar 2003, 13:03
I know someone who failed a guy's L/C but the guy in question was put straight back on the line WITHOUT a LTC. The failed paperwork "went missing" until the CAA found out......the company still got away with it though.

papa noel
1st Mar 2003, 18:58
Thanks for the replies you are right You Spitter the company concerned did forget the line check calling it an observation flt and the F/O concerned carried on flying in fact he was with a non training Capt and between them they had less than 200 hours on jet a/c.:mad: :mad:

You splitter
2nd Mar 2003, 17:50
Two pilots flying together with less than 200 hours on type/ jet aircraft! Regardless of if they have passed a line check or not that shouldn't happen.

Two inexperieced pilots sounds like a serious degradation of flight safety to me!