PDA

View Full Version : In the name of Charity

Wombat69
27th Feb 2003, 12:47
Hello all
Im a student at aberdeen university (as well as an aspiring pilot) and we are participating in an event, in order to raise money for charity called "jailbreak". For this we have to get as far away from aberdeen as possible in 36 hours without spending any of our own money on transport.
Does anyone know any airline that might provide free tickets (were not fussed where) in the name of goodwill and chairty?
Anything will help

Boss Raptor
28th Feb 2003, 07:19
Speak to one of friendly local oil exploration companies, I recall that Shell Expro used to let schoolchildren ride around in the BAF Viscount they had chartered, for PR...they might give you an hour in a chopper or plane they have contracted in...that'd get you a fair way...

PAXboy
1st Mar 2003, 13:44
easyJet operate from ABZ. Finding your way through to their PR department might take time, as they famously run 'light' on people but they would probably give you a quick decision on Yes or No.

By the way, would you like me to mark your punctuation? :}

Xenia
1st Mar 2003, 15:55
For this we have to get as far away from aberdeen as possible in 36 hours

Try BA ... they could get you very far in 36 hours! :p

bealine
2nd Mar 2003, 07:27
If it helps, the person you need to contact at BA is:

Mary Brew, Charities Co-Ordinator
British Airways plc
"Waterside"
P O Box 365
Harmondsworth
Middlesex
UB7 0GB

She can't take phone calls, but if you drop her a line, enclosing details of the charity that will benefit, she'll consider your request.

It has to be said, since 09/11 recognised charities are given preferential treatment -particularly those where the relief of child suffering is involved!

Good Luck

:D

Wombat69
2nd Mar 2003, 14:50
Heheh thanks guys,
Areoflot are being Very helpful, not sure about that though.
Thanks for the BA address, when i phoned up tho i got a record message saying "our charties fund has been allocated". I take it EasyJet dont fly transatlantic routes though.....
Any more suggestions would greatly help.
PS Mark for punctuation would also be cool

:=

PAXboy
2nd Mar 2003, 16:54
easyJet do not fly international long haul but might get you to LHR for Aeroflot? Rather Aeroflot than Korean. As for Cubana? Not even for charity! :eek:

bealine
2nd Mar 2003, 21:36
Thanks for the BA address, when i phoned up tho i got a record message saying "our charties fund has been allocated"

Don't let that put you off! That applies to "funds" (cash, shekels, shrapnel etc) not to tickets! However, don't ring........write!!! British Airways may be innovative, but is still old fashioned enough to appreciate the art of penmanship!

;)

super aviator
2nd Mar 2003, 23:42
Also try Tour Operators, they have already commited themselves to chartering planes to holiday destinations. As bookings are down at the moment they might give you a free ride for some free advertising!!! Thomson/First Choice/JMC etc.

Also what are the dates for your jail break??? I will see what I can do.

Wombat69
3rd Mar 2003, 16:56
Im glad to hear that about BA, cheers for the info.
The jainbreak starts on saturday the 29th of march at 0900Z and finish on sunday at 2100Z.
Again if anyone could offer ANY help at it, i cant tell you how much its appricated.
Thanks Again
PS who are "Cubana"? :=

bealine
3rd Mar 2003, 21:54
Cubana is the National airline of Cuba. They fly into and out of LGW a few times a week and are handled by either Aviance or Servisair.

go to www.cubana.cu to see their aircraft fleet!

:cool: